Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Lunatic Fringe

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:36 AM

"It is the very error of the moon.  She comes more near the earth than she was wont.  And makes men mad." - William Shakespeare, Othello

Well, here we are looking down the barrel of a week that culminates on Friday the 13th with the emergence of the full moon.  Researchers tend to downgrade the lunar effects on animals and people, but I know better.  I'm starting to see that old familiar look in the eyes of my customers and people on the street. 

Just yesterday upon my return home, the woman of the house informs me that one of the neighbors, a paranoid schizophrenic, called the law the night before.  The neighbor told police that someone had broken into her house, and pulled all of the teeth from her cat's mouth.  A heinous crime indeed, provided the cat actually exists.  My response, "Get ready babe, this is just the beginning."

And to be honest, I'm starting to feel a little frisky myself.  So, if I survive the lunatic onslaught this week, and avoid prosecution for my own nocturnal indulgences this Friday the 13th, I hope to report back hopefully with an interesting story, or two. 

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Thirstytech

Thirstytech

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Greenbush Starchicken Shotgun

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:40 AM

Ahhh Bruther Duff...................my only advice for you is to drink heavily  :pint1:

#3 Radio Loco

Radio Loco

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Ginger Ale. On the rocks.

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:19 PM

"Researchers tend to downgrade the lunar effects on animals and people, but I know better"

Me too. The coyotes go on a howling binge, as do alot of my neighbors. The "other" kind of binge, that is.
I think this will work. I once saw it on a cartoon.

Or, on the other hand.....

Troubleshooting the appliance's complex electro-mechanical systems is the methodology in which one must, by using analyitical techniques and the process of elimination, determine the cause or causes of a specific failure. Rarely does this cause of a failure directly present itself for you to see.

So.....

To be better equipped to troubleshoot, you will need:

1.) To follow this: Safety first and foremost. Trust your instincts.
2.) Basic hand tools.
3.) A decent DVOM meter. Buy one. Borrow one. You need one.
4.) Last, but certainty not least, common sense. Most of us have it. Slow down and use it.

Now, let's have some fun!

ZIG:
Hope is the power that gives a person the confidence to step out and try.
Success is the maximum utilization of the ability you have.

N.M.:
It always seems impossible until it's done.

#4 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Havoc

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:What's on tap?

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:25 PM

"It is the very error of the moon.  She comes more near the earth than she was wont.  And makes men mad." - William Shakespeare, Othello

Well, here we are looking down the barrel of a week that culminates on Friday the 13th with the emergence of the full moon.  Researchers tend to downgrade the lunar effects on animals and people, but I know better.  I'm starting to see that old familiar look in the eyes of my customers and people on the street. 

Just ask a police/rescue dispatcher about the effects of a full moon, always a busy night...

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect or represent the views and opinions held by my employer. All data and information provided is for informational purposes only.

Big Brother

#5 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:28 AM

I think it was believed that the amount of water in the brain that, like the tide, the moon had some affect on.  So, in a selfless effort to increase the knowledge and well being of my fellow man, I'll conduct an experiment tomorrow night to test this theory, using myself as a guinea pig.

:pint1:  :cheers:  :gulp:  :beermug:  :drunkass:            :spacecraft:

#6 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Havoc

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:What's on tap?

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:17 AM

We can add a solar flare to the list for today

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect or represent the views and opinions held by my employer. All data and information provided is for informational purposes only.

Big Brother

#7 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:25 AM

Affirmative.  "Solar Max has arrived".  Since Tuesday there have been three X-class coronal mass ejections, the last two twice as powerful than the first.  The third CME may affect the earth's magnetic field and possibly interrupt communications and power grids on Friday.

Yee Haa!   :burnin:  

#8 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,580 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:47 AM

Saturday morning,  Computer still operates, T.V. and cable  also............The solar flares must be smaller on the West Coast.....................Could not see the full moon last nite, too cloudy.........But for the  Earth's magnetic, my dog is not taking her dump, aligned along the North - South  Axis... :woot: ..............What in the blue blases is going on????.................

#9 Radio Loco

Radio Loco

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:30 PM

PDuff, you're still here!!!!! Anything to report from your "guinea pig" experiment?

Troubleshooting the appliance's complex electro-mechanical systems is the methodology in which one must, by using analyitical techniques and the process of elimination, determine the cause or causes of a specific failure. Rarely does this cause of a failure directly present itself for you to see.

So.....

2.) Basic hand tools.
4.) Last, but certainty not least, common sense. Most of us have it. Slow down and use it.

ZIG:

N.M.:

#10 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 15 June 2014 - 08:43 PM

Burn baby burn!

" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#11 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 01:49 PM

Test Results of Liquid Infusion During Solar Max Full Moon on Friday the 13th:  Inconclusive.

Perhaps the solar flares offset the force of the full moon because my neighbors (test controls) suffered no ill effects.  But under further review, the experiment can be considered marginally successful.  I may have been the only "freed radical" running around outside in the midst of a violent lightning storm at midnight on Friday, but the wife, for some reason, has been extremely nice to me for the remainder of the weekend.  Hmmm......

And like ctg's dog, I can only perform my daily constitution while facing north.  Our gyroscopes must be aligned.  Hmmm.......

I'll have to wait until the Fourth of July to try the experiment again.  Will be adding fireworks to the parameters.

#12 Radio Loco

Radio Loco

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:52 PM

Sounds like you may have a stuck x, y, or z axis. Or a combination there of.

Perhaps it's time to bust out the test set.

Did you check your tech sheet?

So.....

2.) Basic hand tools.

ZIG:

N.M.:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics