Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

mah3000aww!!!! Maytag will not spin

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Boscosvids

Boscosvids

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 08:03 PM

checked R11 looks fine and diode looks ok no charbroil BK style found hidden service guide will do some tests of lock light and so fourth and let you know what i find any help would be great

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Boscosvids

Boscosvids

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 08:39 PM

did troubleshooting: washer will not spin........set timer to spin spot and started motor spun slow for about 10 sec slowed up and spun 10 sec slowed up spun 10 sec over and over again not very fast lock light did turn on after a min. or a little longer and stayed lit until cycle was over also water lines were not hooked just to let you know next thing i will try is drive system diagnotsics

#3 Boscosvids

Boscosvids

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 09:16 PM

drive system diagnostics.........delay light comes on..... found wire 27 and 13 could not  figure out how to get multi meter to check for 120 volts its way back there un hooked jp4 plugged unit in started and motor spun 50 rpms i let run for a min. or two lock light never came on do not know if this means anything hopes this helps im hittin the sack for tonite

#4 Boscosvids

Boscosvids

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 11:38 PM

could not sleep read up some more on the forum got front panal off looked at wax motor and cherry switches also noticed timer is is going really fast found line relay had black wire on wrong post put it back on common the person i bought it from must have been doin a little tinkering himself checked all connections they are correct now but timer is still fast also wax motor door does not move when on spin cycle i also tried pushing both switches to see if i could get high speed spin no luck what now ? 

#5 Boscosvids

Boscosvids

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 04:19 PM

hope someone answers soon laundry is pilein high and wifes gonna kill me

#6 TerrysApplianceRepair

TerrysApplianceRepair

Yamabushi

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 05:50 PM

Check you out of balance (oob) circuit. I think there are three different oob switches.

#7 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 13 February 2006 - 04:30 AM

yes,there are 3 switches in series,easiest way to eliminate them is to disconnect the wire harness running to the switches under the top behind the dispenser housing,blue wires run through the switches,and there is a disconnect there-unplug switch harness and jumper the wire and retest unit,if it spins,check switches individually-they must all be closed and note the one on the right side of the tub is the inertial switch and operates by moving a small ball on a ramp.
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#8 Boscosvids

Boscosvids

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 05:19 PM

checked oob switches all switches closed check with multi meter,  timer goes past stop spot and goes right into delay start and keeps spinning after water is pumped out.  i did replace wax moter door lock and 2 other switches there to save my r11 from broiling.  as noted above black and grey wires were reversed when i got the machine would that have messed things up timer etc  what to check next or replace

#9 Boscosvids

Boscosvids

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 08:12 PM

found problem with machine control found smoked Q3 and poss r 52 paint charred and very dark and both on timer cir. makes sense any ideas what would cause this

#10 Trying to help

Trying to help

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 11:03 AM

What you have is the result of mis-wiring the line relay on the board. The timer is rapid advancing trough the spin and not giving it a chance to spin.
If we saved YOU Beer $$ today, please make a donation to our beer fund by clicking the link below to help keep this site going. I charge $135.95 PLUS PARTS to do this repair!$! http://fixitnow.com/beerfund.htm

#11 Boscosvids

Boscosvids

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 11:19 AM

replaced upper controller board with new door wax and lock switches all is well works great thanks to all that have helped in the quest of makeing this maytag work ounce again bravo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics