Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool Gas Dryer LGR7646JQ0 won't dry

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Vanyon

Vanyon

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 08:35 AM

Hiya,

My fiance has a Whirlpool gas dryer Model number LGR7646JQ0 that will not heat up at all, I removed the vent and no clogs, and I am not familiar with gas dryers or how to access the igniter to check it. Any help would be appreciated!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 10 May 2005 - 09:41 AM

You will need to lift up the top of the dryer and remove the complete front of the dryer,  The burner assy is on the left side up toward the front on the bottom of the dryer.  Be sure to unplug the dryer and turn the gas off at the wall.  The ignitor is on the left side of the burner assy and you can ohom it out after carefully removing it to see if it is bad.  Be careful as it is very fragile, and do not touch the ignitor part with your bare hands in case it is not the problem.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 Lurker_Ben_*

Lurker_Ben_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 10 May 2005 - 07:07 PM

You can remove the inspection port on the front panel to see if the ignitor is glowing, but that don't necessarily rule the ignitor in or out.

First thing to check is the thermal fuse located on the air duct in the rear of the machine (just after the lint filter.  Pop the back panel off & yuo'll see it on the lower left as you view tha back of the dryer.  Remove the fuse if it's open, replace it, if it's closed, check your ignitor next.  The fuses go more often.

Could also be the timer or coils on the gas valve, though the coils usually will open once to start the cycle, then won't cycle back on.

#4 Lurker_Ben_*

Lurker_Ben_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 10 May 2005 - 07:08 PM

[user=0]Ben[/user] wrote:

You can remove the inspection port on the front panel to see if the ignitor is glowing, but that won't necessarily rule the ignitor in or out.  (Whoops-typo)

First thing to check is the thermal fuse located on the air duct in the rear of the machine (just after the lint filter.  Pop the back panel off & yuo'll see it on the lower left as you view tha back of the dryer.  Remove the fuse if it's open, replace it, if it's closed, check your ignitor next.  The fuses go more often.

Could also be the timer or coils on the gas valve, though the coils usually will open once to start the cycle, then won't cycle back on.

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,146 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 11 May 2005 - 01:52 AM

Hi, Loitering Ben.  Yanno, if you would register, you could edit your posts, view attachments, post attachments, and generally have a lot more credibility around here if you wanted help.  Who knows: you might even become a Master Appliantologist!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics