Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

kitchenaid refrigerator ksra22iLss13

kitchen appliances

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 woodlake

woodlake

Samanera

• Professional Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:miller

Posted 15 June 2014 - 05:49 PM

my double door kitchenaid rfrigerator model # ksra22ILss13  icemaker all iced up    and obiously not making where should i start looking

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Spannerwrench

Spannerwrench

Senpai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Maxwell House > Black Crown > Crown Royal with Ginger Ale

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:19 PM

"All iced up" Where? We need a little bit more info before we can tell you anything.
"Suds are not good"
"They write directions for a reason"
"Make sure you're using it right before you say it's not working correctly"
"If if has a Diagnostic Test Cycle, Run it before and after you fix it!"
"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is insane"
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."

#3 MicaBay

MicaBay

Master Roaster

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Drifter Pale Ale

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:46 PM

my double door kitchenaid rfrigerator model # ksra22ILss13  icemaker all iced up    and obiously not making where should i start looking

Can you take pictures and show us what you mean by all iced up.  Many descriptions of symptoms can be misleading, and many different problems can be described as iced up.

Where is the problem?  Is it ice or frost?  

#4 woodlake

woodlake

Samanera

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 04:28 PM

there is ice or my be frost  clad all over the icemaker  and it could be defrosting problems  but the bins below the ice maker are normally cold and refrigerator side is also ok 

#5 woodlake

woodlake

Samanera

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 06:01 PM

Can you take pictures and show us what you mean by all iced up.  Many descriptions of symptoms can be misleading, and many different problems can be described as iced up.

Where is the problem?  Is it ice or frost?  

there is a red blinking light where it says ice maker controll and i took som pics to

Attached Files

#6 MicaBay

MicaBay

Master Roaster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 06:06 PM

Okay... Those pictures do indeed tell a tell. Is your evaporator fan running? Are your doors closing all the way? What is the actual tempatures in the freezer compartment and inside the Freshfood compartment? Is there more than 5 degrees difference between the top of each compartment and the bottom?

#7 woodlake

woodlake

Samanera

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 10:13 PM

evap fan is running freezer temp is 0 c food compartment is 40  door shuts properly but opens quite often  and  yes temp difference is about 5 degree

#8 lvasquez11

lvasquez11

Sōhei

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 10:47 PM

Is ice door for ice dispenser closing properly. once in awhile ill get one with a broken tab, preventing door to close propely. This will cause forst build in freezer section.

Damper assembly Part number: 2216112

Part number: 2216112
could also be failing but still allow good temps in fresh food section.

#9 MicaBay

MicaBay

Master Roaster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 10:38 AM

evap fan is running freezer temp is 0 c food compartment is 40  door shuts properly but opens quite often  and  yes temp difference is about 5 degree

Check you your ice shoot dampener assembly for air leakage.  What I am suspecting, is warm moist air getting into your fridge, either through that dampener assembly or one of the doors being left open.  It will condense and freeze very similar to what you have shown....  I would completely defrost all ice you can see, remove the back panel in the freezer section and defrost that also.

Unplug the machine so that it isn't running when you taking it apart.

#10 woodlake

woodlake

Samanera

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:37 PM

i checked every thing else is fine  i took apart icemaker assembly and tested   T and H with power on and it does nothing  and ice maker controll still blink rd light should i replaced whole ice maker or just ic board of icemaker controll

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics