Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

What the hell is wrong with the dishwasher engineers these days?

22 replies to this topic

#21 BrntToast

BrntToast

fellow,academy of sublime masters of appliantology

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:i quit drinking the day i woke up nude on the hood of my car with my keys up my butt

Posted 21 June 2014 - 10:02 AM

new front serviceable LG

the installer is able to screw the legs into the base so far that the machine base and components on the sump are resting on the floor

great for noise complaints,and when installed this way,you cant reinstall the sump,cause it bottoms out on the floor before the gasket ever seats itself  :(

The only stupid question is the one not asked

hope i've been helpfull, if you wish to buy Brnt beer kick here

http://brnttoast.googlepages.com/home

feel free to prvt msg frigidaire questions my way

(i dont log in every day)

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#22 AQAppliances

AQAppliances

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:11 PM

Those poor dishwasher installs are the worst. Sometimes you just have to refuse service if there is nothing you can do. Dishwasher jobs would be so much easier if every dishwasher was on a floor level to the actual kitchen floor and side mounting kits used. I haven't dealt to much with Bosch and LG dishwashers but that is brutal if you have to remove the unit to service them. Hopefully they will change the design.

#23 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,887 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 09:39 AM

Funny how Whirlpool started using those hose clamps on the GWS models, only for it to bite them in the ass with these huge water leaks that cost them a recall.

Can anyone give me any further info regarding this stated recall regarding the bad hose clamps causing the pump hoses to slip off on these newer sytle GWS dishwashers.

Is this referenced service pointer the one regarding this?

Technical Service Pointer #: W10547922

Serial Numbers:

Serial Number Range: F20100000 to F21399999

Concern:

Leak potential between wash motor and sump

Cause:

Outlet hose clamp to sump may not be properly crimped. This is the hose clamp on the sump side of the small hose (pressure side of wash motor).

Correction:

Replace existing outlet Hose Clamp with new service replacement clamp using

Kit # W10548435. Be certain to follow the instructions included with the kit.

 Call 800-442-5708 with model number, serial number, and description of issue for repair authorization.

 If approved, Whirlpool will provide the parts and labor free of charge. Reference all Parts and Labor charges to R31606.

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics