Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

BOSCH REFRIGERATOR B20CS50SNS-01 FROSTING/DEFROSTING

DEFROSTINGFROSTING CONDENSER FAN EVAPORATOR FAN

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 deanfaw1

deanfaw1

Yamabushi

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:20 AM

This unit like most of the B20CS units had one of only two issues I typically run into which is the evap fan was dead. So I replaced the evap fan motor. I checked the heater ran a forced defrost because ofcourse if the fan is not working it will turn the coils into a block of frost. The heater worked fine the sensors checked good. A week later my evap fan motor is out, the condeser fan motor and the fresh food fan motor. Not only is that weird but I noticed the unit had the heater on and the compressor on at the same time. I have never seen a refrigerator have both the compressor and the heater on at the same time. After checking out put voltage on the control unit it was very clear non of the fans were being supplied with power. but what striked me as weird is why the unit was cooling and defrosting at the same time. I'm left with one conclusion BAD CONTROL BOARD. Has anyone run into this before? I also reset this thing when I initially ran the defrost cycle so its not like I left it in diagnostic mode.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 18 June 2014 - 02:39 PM

I haven't seen this issue with the Bosch, but it wouldn't surprise me.  Sound like new Main PCB time, provided the outlet voltage is correct and polarized.  Were there any fault codes shown during diagnostics, like "C1" or "F3"?

#3 lvasquez11

lvasquez11

Sōhei

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 09:08 AM

very common with jazz brd -compressor relay will be stuck closed - causing it to keep compressor/condenser fan always on even during defrost cycles.

Relay for compressor must be stuck / No power to fans at this time due to unit in defrost.

#4 lvasquez11

lvasquez11

Sōhei

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 09:11 AM

Pull a relay off a scrap Lg or samsung control brd. I always save brds for parts. im able to save customer some $ .

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,617 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:43 PM

Main PCB  Part number: 00640603

Part number: 00640603

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics