Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

maytag mhwe201yw00 wont spin up high/never stops

front load motor no spin slow spin never shuts off

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jason conley

jason conley

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:dos XX

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:17 PM

I have a Maytag mhwe201yw00. when it gets to the spin mode it never spins fast. The time gets to 1 and just sits there (20 plus min.).I ohmed the motor windings and they where 6.5 between any two wires. i checked dc voltage at the blue wires and got 5 volts. i ohmes out the tach and it was in the 100's (i don't remember the actual amount but do remember it was in the right area according to the tech sheet.) Any ideas on what to check next and how to check it? i ran a diagnostic check as well and it still only spins slowly.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 MicaBay

MicaBay

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Drifter Pale Ale

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:30 PM

Have you checked your drum bearings?

#3 jason conley

jason conley

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:dos XX

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:01 AM

Have you checked your drum bearings?

I have checked the bearings and they are fine. Drum turns very easy and not leaking at all. Machine is only 2 years old (not that age means anything now a days) There is no play in the drum. i have replaced them in other models. I did read earlier that it could be a communication issue. If the connections are good and the harness is good then how do you know if its the ccu or mcu that's the problem. Is there a way to "hotwire" the motor to see if it will spin at high speeds? I didn't mention in my original post that i have fifteen plus years of hvac experience as well as restaurant equipment repair just to let you know i can run a meter.

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,192 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:20 AM

You can't hotwire these motors-- they are 3-phase BLDC motors that run on a special AC voltage that varies in both frequency and amplitude to achieve speed and direction of rotation control.  

You've done all the electrical checks on the motor system-- verified equal resistances among the motor windings and that the inverter is getting the PWM signal (read as a a DC voltage) from the main control.  

Is all then water getting pumped out of the drum or do you still see water in the drum during this slow spin period?

If the drum is empty during the slow spin, then we need to get into diagnostic mode to retrieve any stored error codes.  Also run the diagnostic routine and see if the drum spins while in diagnostic mode.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: front load, motor, no spin, slow spin, never shuts off

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics