Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Refrigeration Training

School

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 stewartservice

stewartservice

Sōhei

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Yuengling

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:33 AM

I am looking for help in finding a place to take a refrigeration class. I am in need of a refresher course. Preferably some place in the New England / northeast. Thanks

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,646 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:55 AM

If you can hang on a couple of weeks, the Samurai Tech Academy course in Refrigerator Troubleshooting and Repair will be open for enrollment. Here's the course curriculum: http://appliancetech...raining-course/

#3 stewartservice

stewartservice

Sōhei

• PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:08 AM

Looks good. I've been thinking about this for a few years. I can wait a few more weeks. Thanks

#4 BEdwards

BEdwards

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:08 AM

If you can hang on a couple of weeks, the Samurai Tech Academy course in Refrigerator Troubleshooting and Repair will be open for enrollment. Here's the course curriculum: http://appliancetech...raining-course/

Is the course going to include any proper techniques for sealed system repair(in particular evaporator replacement) or only diagnosis?

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,646 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:44 AM

Sealed system repair is best learned by doing. But there will some general instruction on sealed system repair. The focus of the course is on theory of operation and troubleshooting modern refrigeration systems, including inverter compressor and dual evap systems.

#6 stewartservice

stewartservice

Sōhei

• PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:03 AM

I still need a hands on refresher for sealed system. Any ideas ?? Been 20 years.

#7 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,646 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:30 AM

The way I learned it 20 years ago was read a service manual (Maytag, I think) that had general procedures. Then I got some old refrigerators and dehumidifiers from the town dump and practiced on them in my basement. I was already a good flame welder (steel) so it was just a matter of adjusting my technique for copper. Then getting used to the gizmos and gadgets-- scale, gauges, adapters, vacuum pump, vacuum meter, etc. After about three practice units I was good to go and did my first compressor replacement. All went well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics