Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Dishwasher leaking from screw holes in back - Samsung DW7933LRASR

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bruce_Dickinson

Bruce_Dickinson

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:39 PM

Leaks coming from screws holes on both sides of Samsung dishwaster near bottom at the back.  (Model = DW7933LRASR).  Pictures are attached.  The screw heads do not sit flush with the plastic.  There's maybe a 1/16" gap when the screw is all the way in.  Maybe washers are missing?

The machine is new, still under warranty, but the two Samsung warranty repair service companies in my area have truly terrible reputations.  Smaller service outfits don't want to work on it because they can't get Samsung parts.

We just moved in to this (flipped) house.  I don't know who installed the dishwasher or if they might have messed things up.

One other thing, in case it's somehow relevant... The screwing mechanism for raising and lowering the third plastic leg in the back middle appears to have been broken.  Nonetheless, the machine is level via a shim beneath the third leg.

I feel like I could plug the leaks, but the real problem may be deeper inside?  Should water even be reaching this junction?  I'm clueless in this realm.

Thanks very much for your help!

IMG_20140710_191643_zps4e632b08.jpg?t=14

IMG_20140710_205157_zps9966a56d.jpg?t=14

IMG_20140710_204928_zps804915eb.jpg?t=14

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:on the house...

Posted Today, 05:20 AM

It is difficult to discern from the photos, but this appears to be at the point the tub is attached to the base? If so, it appears the screws do not penetrate the tub itself -- and the leak is somewhere else on the tub with the water is finding it's way to this low point, as you suspected. The fact the rear leveling leg is broken indicates some prior rough handling. You may be looking at a new tub, a non-serviceable part.

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

#3 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts

Posted Today, 09:18 AM

Are the ends of the fasteners visible on the inside of the tub????....How far up from the bottom of the tub is/are the fasteners????............................................................Have you ever watched those T.V. shows on 'flipping ' houses?????......The wife watches those shows , and I tell her that I would hate to be a 'new' owner of one of these houses................Some band-aids over bad sub structure, ( in some cases but not all ).....

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics