Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Samsung DV328AEW Electric Dryer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Reloder

Reloder

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:15 AM

Hello.

I have a five year old Samsung W/D set that was purchased new for a new house.  The dryer is a DV328AEW.  They are on the second floor of my house and the vent is in the foundation, about 28' with two 90 degree turns.

Three weeks ago, it lost heat.  I pulled the element and found a break.  As I feared, the broken element may have been caused by a larger problem.  In sensing mode, it would go to 1 minute and hold indefinitely.  We used it on timed mode and it began doing the same thing.  I thought this must be a control board or dryer sensing strip.  So I pulled out the 87V and put it to use probing.

I pulled out the stainless sensing strips and cleaned them with a scotch brite.  I measured the Ohms and when I placed my moistened finger across the resistance would start at 400 Ohms and climb.  I decided this was not the problem so it must be the dryer duct or the control board.  I took the liberty to clean the foil dryer hose and make sure it wasn't kinking.

The control board was cheap ($60) so I replaced it.  No help, Problem persists.  On a side note, I build PCBAs for a living and that board is a sad piece of severely dated technology.

DW has the dryer duct people coming on Wednesday.  Just wondering if I am missing something else?  I suppose I will travel to HD or Lowe's to get a metal rigid duct this weekend.  Does it sound like the vent to you experts out there?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,706 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted Yesterday, 06:05 AM

I pulled the element and found a break.  As I feared, the broken element may have been caused by a larger problem.  In sensing mode, it would go to 1 minute and hold indefinitely.  We used it on timed mode and it began doing the same thing.  I thought this must be a control board or dryer sensing strip.  So I pulled out the 87V and put it to use probing.

You said you found a broken element but you never said you actually replaced it.  Did you?  

Part number: DC47-00019A

Part number: DC47-00019A

#3 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted Yesterday, 03:20 PM

Definitely replace the damaged element and have the vent inspected and cleaned.  After that, provided there were no error codes displayed, you should be fine.

#4 Reloder

Reloder

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted Today, 11:45 AM

Sorry for not making that clear. I replaced the element. The dryer has too much heat now. It goes to one minute and holds.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics