Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Problem finding Crisper Drawer Cover Support Post for Whirlpool GX5SHDXVQ02

Whirlpool GX5SHDXVQ02 Refrigerator

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 temanp

temanp

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:36 PM

I have a feeling that this is a dump question and I am missing something obvious. But enough time has been spent on this problem that I feel like I ought to see what people smarter than me think.

I need a crisper support post for a Whirlpool GX5SHDXVQ02 Refrigerator. So I go online to order such a post and can’t find a part for this particular model. I can find people online installing ones in other models.

But nothing that will tell me a part number for the one I am working on.

The closest I could come was this Part number: ap4373203

Part number: ap4373203

But unless my eyes are fooling me, that looks like a horizontal brace, not a vertical one like the one that was in there before.

Can anyone help me out?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 lvasquez11

lvasquez11

Sōhei

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:03 PM

Pantry track 67001719 

Crisper frame post 13062602

Drawer support 12642303wd

#3 suampman

suampman

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:redbridge

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:09 PM

The drawers hang on the rails on the shelf above the drawers.

Edited by suampman, 15 July 2014 - 09:12 PM.

#4 temanp

temanp

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:41 PM

Ivasquez11,

The name looks right, but the part on the diagram does not look right. Maybe I am not reading it right. Does it support the shelf that the drawers hang on as a post? It does not look like that in the drawings and that is the part that is busted.

Suampman,

It is the shelf that needs the support, not the drawers.

Thanks all for you help. Sorry if I am being thick.

#5 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,791 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:30 AM

The part that you found and referenced 12642303WD is the support bar used on both the crisper drawer and pantry drawer frames, it should be a u-shaped bar that slides through the front edge of the drawer frames and should have formed places in the front of the liner for the ends of that bar to sit in and support the front of the crisper and pantry drawers.

In the diagram I'm looking at the parts are referenced as:

ref#17 - 12642303WD Brace, Crisper (2)

ref#23 - 13062602 Support, Crisper Frame (2) - actually needs 4, 2 for the rear each drawer frame.

ref#24 - 67001719 Track, Pantry   (Replaces: 12531901) - don't know what this part is.

Maybe a picture of the part you are looking for would help, if you have had this since new I really doubt you would be missing the support bars that go across the front of crisper and pantry drawers, the molded liner supports could be broken out if the drawers don't seem to be supported correctly and all the parts are there.

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#6 temanp

temanp

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:23 PM

Pictures would help a lot. Me most of all. My Mom has had the Refrigerator since it was new, but it has seen a lot of abuse over the years. The broke parts were thrown out and not replaced. But the support for the self above the crisper drawers has decreased to the point where it was a problem. I was shown a youtube video by a younger brother who was helping my mother of someone replacing crisper support post and told that is the part they need but they can't find one for their model. They say that the Youtube video shows something that looks exactly like what broke. Only problem is that the crisper support post part number shown in the youtube video does not go with her machine. It all seemed reasonable and plausible that she would have such a thing since the refrigerator in question was not too different in appearance then her own. But having searched and even broken down and asked for help and come up empty my faith is starting to waver.

I am going to order the one part I know for sure is broken (The rail centr is what whirlpool calls it). After I get that, maybe it will help me to figure out what else might be wrong.

Thanks again for all your help.

#7 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,791 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:07 AM

If the real problem that you are having is that the two crisper drawers hang down and hit the surface of the shelf below them in the middle/both crispers -  then that part, the center rail is the part you need.  It is a separate part from the crisper support frame, (the pantry drawer uses the same support frame without the center support rail.

The center rail is the inner track for both crisper drawers to slide in - there is no upright support post that you are most likely seeing in the video you are referencing.   The support for the both the crisper and pantry frame is the bar that runs through each of the crisper frames at the front that you have in your first post, make sure both of those bars are still in place and haven't slide out and got lost because someone didn't know where they came from when taking it apart to clean it at some point.

Part number: W10326469

Part number: W10326469

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Whirlpool, GX5SHDXVQ02, Refrigerator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics