Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Guest Dee

Kenmore 70 Series - water won't empty...

5 posts in this topic

Hi! 

Nice site...can someone help?

I have a Kenmore 70 Series Heavy Duty washer Model 110. 22712 100, Serial # CL 2550074, Type 111

- the water is not emptying out. It agitates (me) but will not empty. Does this sound like something I can repair myself? I called the Sears service center but the soonest they can get someone out here is next Tuesday. What's up with that? I thought all they did was sit around all day waiting for us to call them! Thanks much ~D :)

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Hello, my unspinning friend. If the washer goes completely silent during the spin portion of the cycle, then may I suggest that you read this enlightening tome from our most dear and gracious host, Samurai Appliance Repair Man? Very well, then, I suggest that you read this enlightening tome from our most dear and gracious host, Samurai Appliance Repair Man.

Arigato repairman from afar! But after reading that I think I shall leave it in the hands of an expert repairman. The only Ohm I'm familiar with is the one I practice during my yoga meditation!!

I shall set out tomorrow in search of one that can hopefully get here before next Tuesday.  :?

Incidentally, the washer died on the final rinse, the water never emptied out so I don't know if the spin cycle works. I can rotate the dial and do hear clicking but it will only respond to the final rinse cycle at which time it agitates but still won't drain the water at the end of the rinse cycle.  ~D

Bad lid switch. Moostafa linked you to the correct "tome." Piece of pie, a single mug on the SUDs-o-meter.

YOU ARE TRULY GIFTED! It is the lid switch...I managed to tie it with a little string to hold it in place so I can drain the water and finish this load. A quick fix - but the washer works, I'll run out tomorrow and get a new switch. Hopefully replacing it will be as easy as finding the problem.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

:party:

My sincerest gratitude, ~Big Smile~ Dee