Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Kenmore 70 Series - water won't empty...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lurker_Dee_*

Lurker_Dee_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 10 May 2005 - 01:26 PM

Hi! 
Nice site...can someone help?

I have a Kenmore 70 Series Heavy Duty washer Model 110. 22712 100, Serial # CL 2550074, Type 111

- the water is not emptying out. It agitates (me) but will not empty. Does this sound like something I can repair myself? I called the Sears service center but the soonest they can get someone out here is next Tuesday. What's up with that? I thought all they did was sit around all day waiting for us to call them! Thanks much ~D :)

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Moostafa

Moostafa

Imam

• The Ayatollah of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Poppy Salmagundi

Posted 10 May 2005 - 03:28 PM

Hello, my unspinning friend. If the washer goes completely silent during the spin portion of the cycle, then may I suggest that you read this enlightening tome from our most dear and gracious host, Samurai Appliance Repair Man? Very well, then, I suggest that you read this enlightening tome from our most dear and gracious host, Samurai Appliance Repair Man.

Allahu Akbar!

#3 Dee

Dee

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 04:03 PM

Arigato repairman from afar! But after reading that I think I shall leave it in the hands of an expert repairman. The only Ohm I'm familiar with is the one I practice during my yoga meditation!!

I shall set out tomorrow in search of one that can hopefully get here before next Tuesday.  :?

Incidentally, the washer died on the final rinse, the water never emptied out so I don't know if the spin cycle works. I can rotate the dial and do hear clicking but it will only respond to the final rinse cycle at which time it agitates but still won't drain the water at the end of the rinse cycle.  ~D

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,605 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 10 May 2005 - 05:04 PM

Bad lid switch. Moostafa linked you to the correct "tome." Piece of pie, a single mug on the SUDs-o-meter.

#5 Dee

Dee

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 02:06 PM

YOU ARE TRULY GIFTED! It is the lid switch...I managed to tie it with a little string to hold it in place so I can drain the water and finish this load. A quick fix - but the washer works, I'll run out tomorrow and get a new switch. Hopefully replacing it will be as easy as finding the problem.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

:party:

My sincerest gratitude, ~Big Smile~ Dee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics