Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

fridge evap motors

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 dave316

dave316

Samanera

• Professional Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:jack and coke

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:44 PM

so fellow  maintenance  crew  are  repairing fridges  with used  fan motors  taken  em apart  and  sanding  cleaning  and   oiling  them.then  when  they  cant  figure  out  why  fridge is  sweating   {condensating } dripping wet  in side  they  call  me  .well ive  noticed  that  fan is  turning  but   at  a  minimal  speed    so i put  new   evap  motor   man  she  runs   fast  .!!!!  YEP  I THINK   THATS   UR  PROBLEM  !!!  have    a  nice  day !!!! 

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Applianceman97

Applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 2,084 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Fresh Squeezed IPA

Posted 19 July 2014 - 12:36 AM

But they are saving money. $$$ NOT

I don't know what's worse, that or using a supco fan motor.

Edited by applianceman97, 19 July 2014 - 12:37 AM.

Kicks major Samsung booty first, asks diagnostic questions later.

http://www.justintimeappliance.com

#3 dave316

dave316

Samanera

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:jack and coke

Posted 19 July 2014 - 10:27 AM

They ain't saving nothing lol but junk

#4 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,875 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 19 July 2014 - 10:45 PM

If you see Panasonic on any evaporator or condenser fan motor, you  know it's junk for sure.

Scott Wolf

#5 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Home brewed ice tea

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:38 AM

That is paramount to the manufacture trying to save a nickel on every unit in production just to send a warranty tech out after it is sold to replace the inferior original with an upgraded part.

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

#6 B4UTRUST

B4UTRUST

Yamabushi

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Monty Python's Holy Grail Ale

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:18 AM

Patricio, what you have to realize is that to the manufacturer that is perfectly okay. And here is why: Manufacturing, replacement and repair are three separate budgets in the corporate system. Your manufacturing budget is one amount, repair is another and replacement a third. All manufacturing goes under the manufacturing budget, but is only allocated x amount, whereas the repair budget is much higher and it is acceptable to dump lots from it. The replacement budget is finite and they had putting anything against that budget because then they have to justify why they allocated funds from the replacement budget to replace a unit for someone. Same for manufacturing. They have to then justify a sudden increase in allotment of funds for a type of unit or part. Sometimes this is acceptable, other times it just doesn't fly so they will keep changing out parts with the same bad part until its such a problem against the replacement and repair budgets that there is an obvious need to do it and they can justify it. 

Don't ask me why they think this way, but lord knows LG use to pull this all the time. We would be sent out to do repairs on units that obviously needed replacement or should have been replaced from a customer satisfaction/loyalty standpoint long before the point where it got to me. 

Owner/Operator Flagship Appliance Repair

#7 AQAppliances

AQAppliances

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:52 PM

Have you all used that SM999 fan motor? Those are junk but can get you by for a couple of days if you need to order one.

#8 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 5,086 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 19 August 2014 - 05:01 AM

Have you all used that SM999 fan motor? Those are junk but can get you by for a couple of days if you need to order one.

I would only use one on very basic fridges. I definitely would not use one on fridges that use variable speed dc motors or on any GE Fridge where fan motors are known to take out mainboards.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#9 AQAppliances

AQAppliances

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:25 PM

I don't even think those would work on a DC motor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics