Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Viking VUIM1531DLSS Grid Cutter wiring

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ktbesch

ktbesch

Unsui

• Apprentice
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dale's Pale Ale

Posted Yesterday, 05:13 PM

I recently had to replace the water pump in my undercounter ice maker.  All went well until I realized I'm not sure where the long wire in the photo conects to the grid which isn't cutting the ice.    I downloaded the service manual, but I can't tell from the picture where the wire goes. 

I read that the marvel pump may not be triggering the harvest cycle, but given that it is brand new the unconnected wire seems to be the culprit.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attached Files

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 danoam

danoam

IkkĊ-ikki

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:26 PM

The pump does not trigger the harvest. There is a thermistor on the underside of the evaporator plat that talks to the electronic control to determine when it's time to harvest the slab. Was the pump not pumping, or was it not harvesting? It looks like the broken wire is one of the feed wires to the grid, is there a ring terminal screwed to the grid frame with no wire attached to it?

#3 ktbesch

ktbesch

Unsui

• Apprentice
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted Today, 06:41 AM

The pump seized and was not pumping.  I think you are right that the wire feeds the grid and no, I didn't find any broken ring terminals.  The problem is that the wire length doesn't end near any of the contact points for the grid.  Just trying to figure out where the wire (the only long one that comes out of the plug) attaches to the grid.  Thanks for your help.

#4 ktbesch

ktbesch

Unsui

• Apprentice
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted Today, 06:58 AM

In this picture it looks as if the wire would attach on the right side of the grid, but given that the short wire from the plug also attaches there it seem like the current wouldn't run through the grid- just straight from the short wire to the long wire.  I can't find any other good pictures of the grid.

sorry, couldn't figure out how to post picture...

Attached Files

#5 Spannerwrench

Spannerwrench

Senpai

• Chief Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Maxwell House > Black Crown > Crown Royal with Ginger Ale

Posted Today, 09:12 AM

Look to the right of the first image you posted, it connect to the screw, most like you'll see a corroded connector there.
"Suds are not good"
"They write directions for a reason"
"Make sure you're using it right before you say it's not working correctly"
"If if has a Diagnostic Test Cycle, Run it before and after you fix it!"
"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is insane"
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics