Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to be your own tech line...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
john4180

KitchenAid KUDI01FLSS6 Dishwasher leaking at bottom of door

3 posts in this topic

I've got a Kitchenaid kUDI01FLSS6.  It randomly leaks at the bottom of the door.  I've looked all over the place and have done all that has been suggested. 

replaced door gasket

tightened the pump 

checked the bottom spray arm (and top) for cracks or holes

nothing seems to work.  From what I can tell the water comes up above the front lip and then goes around the door and out it comes.  Anyone have any idea how to fix this?  There is a hard plastic type gasket on the bottom of the door but it seems fine and I cannot find a replacement for the life of me.  Could this be a float switch issue?  It's not turning off correctly so it's overfilling?

Any help would be appreciated. 

thanks.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I've tracked some of these leaks down by removing the inner door panel and looking for soap scum tracks.  This leads you to the source.  Could be the dispenser or vent.  

Another source I've seen is the basin float.  You would catch this in the act by using a mirror to inspect this area while the dishwasher is running.  

And check the usual:  gookus in spray arms causing jet sprays against the door door gasket.  

Make sure it is level and "square" in your cabinet opening.  Incorrect installation causes a lot of DW door leaks.