Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

DCS DD224C Dishwasher Top Drawer Not working

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 teejnut

teejnut

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:23 PM

Hello,

We haven't used our DCS DD224C dishwasher unit in a long time, not even sure when the last time it was used. So we tried to use it tonight and the top drawer won't work. When we set the program and press start after about 30 seconds it just flashes red and beeps a lot. According to the manual and the fault code it's a F2 = "motor problem".

I tried all the programs a few times and all report back with the same problem. If I choose the rinse program it does add water to the unit but does not drain it. Also, tried unplugging the dishwasher and plugging it back in with no luck. The bottom drawer had the same problem at first but after a few tries its working (at least so far, it's in the middle of a cycle now).

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to troubleshoot or DIY repair? TIA!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:on the house...

Posted Today, 04:23 AM

Sounds like a stuck/seized rotor from lack of use. You may be able to free it up by hand, but more likely it has corroded and the rotor and/or motor may need to be replaced.

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics