Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Samsung refrigerator RS265LABP/XAA

Freezing Fresh Food evaporato

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Patricio

Patricio

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:44 PM

I have a fast tract on file. I have replaced a IM on this unit several months ago.  Freezer & IM function good.  A few years back I defrosted the FF evaporator out as the fan was hitting ice.  This was my 1st Sam Refer I worked on.  Have not had a call to work on it since other than IM was failing to produce ice, which is repaired.

The complaint is now that the FF evap is freezing & not defrosting out.   The customer has informed me that for the last month he has been dismantiling the evaporator back wall & defrosting the evaporator with a hair dryer every few days. He wants me to repair it.

He lives on the island & this time of year it is at least an hours (sometimes 2) time to cross over on the ferry & just as long to come back.  When I go I want to make it a one stop repair.   I am asking what should I order & take with me that could possibly be failing on the unit to cause it to ice over.

Thermal limit fuse is the 1st thing to come to mind.  The evap heater is the second (it does not look like a calrod in parts picture)  I have read the posts about having to order a replacement evap with heater attached & not being able to order a heater by itself.  A thermistor might be in order & possibly a control board.

Trying to have all ducks lined up to complete repair 1st call.  I am asking assistance so I don't stumble, don't see many Sam's.  Never been lazy at my work,  I ask a lot of questions to knock the nervousness off.   And as always very thankful for all & any advice/help thrown my way.

One last thing Samsung parts seem difficult to obtain.  1st Servall fails to deliver consistently.  APP does a good job for the most part But my last order parts were wrong & have to be returned.

Again tank you.

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,432 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted Yesterday, 09:56 PM

Actually thermistor should be the first thing to come to mind followed by drain system, limit/fuse, heater and board.

I encourage you to read the fast track prior to going on the repair.

Edited by DurhamAppliance, Yesterday, 10:38 PM.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#3 applianceman97

applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 1,624 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Citrus Mistress

Posted Yesterday, 11:58 PM

Also download the 2008 samsung training manual and then get the rapid resolution guide.

Not all Samsungs have that heater wrapped in the evap. So do some parts research first to see what yours actually has.

Then search for any service bulletins.

I would look at the thermistor first. Then bi metal/heater, fuse. Doubt you will have a main board failure.

Also if this guy has been removing the evap cover every week or two he may have damaged it. If that cover is not sealing perfectly you will have issues with the fan icing up. Careful to not get burned with an evap cover that's damaged by the customer.
Kicks major Samsung booty first, asks diagnostic questions later.

http://www.tandnappliance.com

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics