Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Lost with the new appliances? The Samurai teaches you Circuit Fu…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
codeMonkey

How to remove the inlet valve wires on my washer? mod# 110.26002011

3 posts in this topic

I'm replacing the cold water inlet valve on my Kenmore washer.  I read your how to here, but it simply said to remove the wires. 

My problem is that the tabs the connectors wires are in are _very_ firmly attached to the tabs on the old valve.  That combined with the fact that the wires are about as thick as a hair and my paws are kind of gnarled and arthritic makes me afraid to just force them off - I might break the wire(s).

Is there a trick or a special tool needed to do this?  There's a picture below of what the connectors look like.

Also while I have your ear, when I connect the new ones, should I give the metal tabs on the valve a smear of dielectric grease before snapping them in?

Thannk you.

(Sorry for the giganto image.  I don't know how to size them with this richtext control.)

Bq5J2u8.jpg

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I got it.  I sorta wiggled 'em off with a pair of needlenose pliers. 

Thanks you all.  Hope you have a good weekend. 

No trick or tool.  Just pull on the connectors, somewhat carefully to avoid breaking them.  Try pliers for a better grip or a small screwdriver under the connector between the terminals for leverage.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0