Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
codeMonkey

How to remove the inlet valve wires on my washer? mod# 110.26002011

3 posts in this topic

I'm replacing the cold water inlet valve on my Kenmore washer.  I read your how to here, but it simply said to remove the wires. 

My problem is that the tabs the connectors wires are in are _very_ firmly attached to the tabs on the old valve.  That combined with the fact that the wires are about as thick as a hair and my paws are kind of gnarled and arthritic makes me afraid to just force them off - I might break the wire(s).

Is there a trick or a special tool needed to do this?  There's a picture below of what the connectors look like.

Also while I have your ear, when I connect the new ones, should I give the metal tabs on the valve a smear of dielectric grease before snapping them in?

Thannk you.

(Sorry for the giganto image.  I don't know how to size them with this richtext control.)

Bq5J2u8.jpg

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I got it.  I sorta wiggled 'em off with a pair of needlenose pliers. 

Thanks you all.  Hope you have a good weekend. 

No trick or tool.  Just pull on the connectors, somewhat carefully to avoid breaking them.  Try pliers for a better grip or a small screwdriver under the connector between the terminals for leverage.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0