Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

How to remove the inlet valve wires on my washer? mod# 110.26002011

fragile washer valve wire connector

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 codeMonkey

codeMonkey

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:41 AM

I'm replacing the cold water inlet valve on my Kenmore washer.  I read your how to here, but it simply said to remove the wires. 

My problem is that the tabs the connectors wires are in are _very_ firmly attached to the tabs on the old valve.  That combined with the fact that the wires are about as thick as a hair and my paws are kind of gnarled and arthritic makes me afraid to just force them off - I might break the wire(s).

Is there a trick or a special tool needed to do this?  There's a picture below of what the connectors look like.

Also while I have your ear, when I connect the new ones, should I give the metal tabs on the valve a smear of dielectric grease before snapping them in?

Thannk you.

(Sorry for the giganto image.  I don't know how to size them with this richtext control.)

Bq5J2u8.jpg

"A strike line of programmers? That'd be reeeeeeeeal hard to break."
-my old anti-union friend/nemesis

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 codeMonkey

codeMonkey

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 12:34 PM

I got it.  I sorta wiggled 'em off with a pair of needlenose pliers. 

Thanks you all.  Hope you have a good weekend. 

"A strike line of programmers? That'd be reeeeeeeeal hard to break."
-my old anti-union friend/nemesis

#3 DADoESTX

DADoESTX

Kohai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Iced tea with a spike of earl grey

Posted 02 August 2014 - 12:35 PM

No trick or tool.  Just pull on the connectors, somewhat carefully to avoid breaking them.  Try pliers for a better grip or a small screwdriver under the connector between the terminals for leverage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics