Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Bosch SHE4AM15UC/03 goes to Clean after 2 minutes

Bosch drain pump fill valve

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tlux63

tlux63

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Pilsner

Posted 02 August 2014 - 02:39 PM

When I start the dishwasher, it goes through a short drain cycle, tries to fill, does another drain cycle, sounds like it tries to fill again, and stops and lights the Clean light. This takes a little over 2 minutes. Today I discovered that I can get it to complete the cycle if I open and close the door during the second drain cycle. I tested the drain pump by adding water and holding up the float valve. The water drained easily. I ran the diagnostic and it indicates a problem with the drain pump. I've replaced the control panel, the power module, and the door latch (Hall sensor). No luck. I'm considering replacing the drain pump or the fill valve at this point, but I'm running out of ideas.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 tlux63

tlux63

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 02:43 PM

I forgot to mention that this started out as an occasional problem (1 out of 10 times) and has steadily gotten to the point where it occurs about 19 out of 20 times.

#3 stewartservice

stewartservice

Sōhei

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Yuengling

Posted 02 August 2014 - 03:32 PM

I have the same problem with mine. I have spoken to Bosch "tech support" a few times. We have not been able to determine the actual cause. They say it "could be the drain pump, Circulation motor, or the power control board. They suggested replacing one at a time to determine. I suggested they send them to me free since they can't give me better advise. So I just live with it since I can't afford to replace up to 3 parts to attempt a repair. I listen to mine, I start the cycle, listen for the drain pump, when that finishes the circulation motor comes on, AS SOON as it stops I open the door for 2 seconds then close it and the cycle always starts and runs through. If I come up with a solution I will make it known.

#4 tlux63

tlux63

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 03:53 PM

Interesting. It sounds like you have exactly the same problem. I'm glad to hear it always runs through the cycle when you open and close the door correctly. I have only tested it twice.

If I could figure out how to get it off, I might try replacing the drain pump. It's less than $40 and returnable to searspartsdirect if it doesn't work. Any ideas on how to get it off? There's some kind of tab system in place, but I'm afraid of breaking it.

(BTW, I was able to return the control panel to searspartsdirect without any fuss. I made the expensive mistake of ordering the power module from Bosch. They won't take it back. I'll be writing a letter of complaint since Sears would have let me return it. If I'm unsuccessful, I can let you have it for half price if you're interested. Doesn't sound like that's the problem, but I don't really need it hanging around.)

#5 tlux63

tlux63

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 04:33 PM

I was able to get the drain pump off. It rotates clockwise while holding down the white tabs. Unless someone else chimes in with another idea, I think I'll try replacing it.

#6 tlux63

tlux63

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:34 PM

Bad news. I replaced the drain pump, but that was not the problem. Anybody have any other ideas?

(Worse news. Sears won't take it back because I admitted to installing the product. Anybody need a drain pump? It was whisper quiet compared to my old one.)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bosch, drain pump, fill valve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics