Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Need tool for removing/installing front load washer tub seals

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 frunch

frunch

Sōhei

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:River Horse Hipp-O-Lantern Pumpkin Ale

Posted 04 August 2014 - 03:53 PM

I've struggled with screwdrivers, pulling and prying to get these seals off/on, but now that I've started getting more involved with front load washers, I want to get the right tool for these jobs. I've seen some nice looking tools that will make the job quite a bit easier, and was hoping someone could weigh in with their recommendation for a spring clamp removal/installation tool for front load washer tub seals. Here's one I found while browsing the archives here at Appliantology:

http://www.reliablep...d-Tools-461459#

Has anyone tried this one? If so, is it worth the $? Not that $25 is much to spend, in fact it seems to be a good price.
Or is there another one that would be a better investment?

Thanks!
Trevor

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 BEdwards

BEdwards

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:56 PM

That one works pretty good for most WP and GE's I've been on, but had a Frigi the other day and there was no way to get it in the spring. Overall, I think it's worth the $25.

#3 frunch

frunch

Sōhei

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 01:15 AM

Thanks for the response, think I'm going to get one. Do you happen to know if it will work on LG washers too?

#4 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,757 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:03 AM

I have that exact one also, I've only used it once on an LG, (inside clamp that holds boot to tub), without it I would have never got that one back on, bent the tool a little and it didn't fit real well but it worked.

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#5 frunch

frunch

Sōhei

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:34 AM

Good to know. Guess I'll probably get the LG tool as well, then...

#6 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,177 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 30 August 2014 - 08:39 PM

I went to a customers house to put the spring back on, and he had bought the tool. He let me try it out and it worked great. Worth the money I think.

" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#7 olyteddy

olyteddy

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Earl Grey

Posted 30 August 2014 - 11:03 PM

Those may help but the thing I find helps most is to reach for the Tide. A little laundry detergent lubes things up pretty good.

#8 B4UTRUST

B4UTRUST

Yamabushi

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Monty Python's Holy Grail Ale

Posted 14 September 2014 - 11:22 PM

I've got that tool myself. On Elux/Frigidaire it doesn't seem to work that great, same for Samsung and Lg. The LG specific ones work great for LG of course. I try the tool first and if it doesn't seem to work, I muscle it on the old fashioned way. 

Owner/Operator Flagship Appliance Repair

#9 danoam

danoam

Yamabushi

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 08:24 AM

After trying special tools and making a mess with luring up the seals with soap. I've fallen back on installing them dry with a pair of needle nose vise grips. It never takes me much more than a minute to get the clamps on.

#10 J5

J5

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 12:49 AM

only tool you need

ux_a07100800ux0050_ux_g03.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics