Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

contact_markm

RF217ACRS Samsung Fridge not working

10 posts in this topic

Display flashing on and off. Unresponsive to buttons so I can't enter diagnostic mode. Not cooling.

Video:

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Try cycling power, unplug for a several minutes.  This may reboot the main board and let you enter diagnostics.  If still no joy, replace the main PCB.  Part number: DA41-00695A

Part number: DA41-00695A

That's exactly what I thought. I left it unplugged overnight with no luck.

Also you may want to check for an Open or shorted sensor. An OPEN or SHORTED sensor can shut down and lock up a Samsung fridge.

Edited by DurhamAppliance

Also you may want to check for an Open or shorted sensor. An OPEN or SHORTED sensor can shut down and lock up a Samsung fridge.

Great point, Brother Durham-- I forgot about that little Samsung "gotcha!"  

yeah, it's a very rare occurrence and easy to forget. Samsung says this can occur but I've never seen it in the field.

The fridge turned itself back on. I'm not sure if I should hope for the best or replace the board?

Check all the thermistors like Brother Durham said. You can do this from the board in back, check the voltage drops ans compare with the specs on the Fast Track manual.

If the display locks up again hold power cool and power freeze for about 5 seconds. Then see of the control will accept any commands.

I agree but before it locks up again, run diagnostics. If everything checks out, make sure and reseat all thermistors. It's possible frost buildup may have partially dislodged a sensor connector and the connection may have improved once the frost melted some. I've seen frost buildup really put a strain on some of those connectors.

Also reseat connection to the display at the door hinge

Edited by DurhamAppliance