Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

F&P GW601 Stops Agitating

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 leeton

leeton

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 03:20 PM

This is my first post and thanks for the forum, very helpful...my problem is I have pulled the whole machine apart,and replaced the drum from another machine, I replaced the 2 water solenoids, everything going better than before, except my water level seems to be not functioning correctly and when the agitator start, it goes for a few seconds than stops then goes then stops and then I get the beep beep thing happening. How do you get the diagnostic display, and what are the codes, I have no paper work on the machine. Any clues would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Ron

Ron

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 05:03 PM

Lets see if we can get you into the diag mode.   Press the wash temp down and power button together.  On the phase 2 model which you have,  it says to press the advance key once after that.  This should bring up your last fault.  On your panel you should have 8 led's from left to right. This would be in line where it shows short wash, rinse and spin.  Some models have this under the panel.  The code numbers on your model read from left to right ....128,64,32,16,8,4,2,1.  So if, for example,  the las 3 leds were lit up,  your fault would be 7 which is a Ram error.    I'm not too hip on these washers but give it a shot.  If you don't get into the diag mode with the aforementioned,  try it without pressing the advance key....If you come up with a code,  whip it back at us and we'll try to see what its about....Ron

#3 leeton

leeton

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 05:43 PM

Thanks Ron, I will give it a try tonight....see what I come up with.

Tony

#4 leeton

leeton

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 09:56 PM

Ron, Idid te button thing, then the advance the only light to show was the 4th in from left, 16...also the water level high and low lights wer on...any clues.
Tony

#5 leeton

leeton

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 04:24 PM

Further developments, I rang Fisher & Paykel (Oz) and managed to speak to a tech guy, they didn't really want to put me through but I sucked up a bit, anyhow, he told me how to get the diagnosic up, being...Wash Temp Down and Power, then Advance once, then Spin up a couple of times until, the Hold/Slow lights come on together....then that gives me the code, which was 130 (the first button and the second last button, being 128 and 2 = 130...which points to the motor section, so I will now check all connections, modules etc. down there....I will let you know how I go.

#6 leeton

leeton

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 12:25 AM

Fixed...Bloody ripper....I pulled the whole thing apart again, was about to put the other drum and motor unit in...decided to check the one already in..it appeared in much better condition...the tightening thing at the bottom of the motor or turbo I like to call it, worked itself loose, so I tightened it up, then put it all back together and successfully done a complete wash without a problem....bloody tickled pink....thanks for the forum...it really helps to read other DIY experiences.
Tony

#7 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,830 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 12 May 2005 - 03:11 AM

Thanks for the floowup report.  I love a happy ending.  :hodji:

#8 ktsenya2

ktsenya2

Samanera

• Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 07:40 PM

Hmmm.... Not excatly on subject but this is the very thing that causes a "rotor sensed not rotating" F2 code on the Dishwashers. Seems that the motor stator (all those copper windings) sometimes slip down from thier plastic mounting posts just a teensy weensie bit, but enough still to generate the fault code. Fix is to push the stator back into position and then using a heated flat of a screwdriver blade, melt and "smush" the plastic mounting posts so that the stator will stay put. Simple? you bet. Hey the whole machine has only three moving parts...

Bob Sankie
Coastal Appliance, Heating & Air
Serving San Diego’s North County
www.coastalappliances.com

#9 Hatti

Hatti

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 07:00 PM

Can anybody tell me what fault the longwash and rinse lights (code 132) illuminated in diagnostic mode mean on a GW601?

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics