Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Fun day...

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 BryanS

BryanS

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:I don't drink

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:24 PM

I ended up dealing with two ridiculous customers. The first was an elderly lady with a ice storm in her freezer due to her ice maker fill tube leaking. This is a 3 year old Whirlpool, which is obviously out of warranty. She said do I have to pay for this repair? Yes ma'am it is out warranty. Well I didn't do it so why should I have to pay! Because its out of warranty that's why. Well I'm not paying. I yelled back that I won't fix it then! I'm going to call your shop. Go ahead and call them! She proceeds to tell mw this is stealing charging her for something she didn't cause. At this point I'm pretty pissed because now she is questioning my intergrity by throwing out the stealing comment. Let's also mention I worked through my lunch to help her out with her bill because she's elderly. Then she wanted to tip me because I did a good job cleaning up all the water in her fridge and freezer section. I refused the tip. As a friend once told me," no good deed goes unpunished. "

My second ridiculous customer was on a 1.5 year old Frigidaire upright freezer. They had a sealed system problem. I gave him a quote. Then he goes on and on about how we lost a customer because he bought this freezer from us blah blah. I tell him you are buying the same product no matter what store you go to, and we don't make this machine. Well you all lost customer! Tell your boss that! Charge me $100 trip and don't even put it towards the repair blah blah. My boss calls him and explains they should call Frigidaire to see they will help the customer. The wife calls back in tears saying they won't pay for unless she buys a 3 year extended warranty. I'm sure glad this day is over with.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Thirstytech

Thirstytech

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Greenbush Starchicken Shotgun

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:44 PM

I sure don't miss the "is this under warranty" days!

#3 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 5,083 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:51 PM

lol "well i didn't break it." that's classic

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#4 sh2sh2

sh2sh2

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:yeunling

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:21 PM

"my last one lasted 20 years with out a repair"

#5 BryanS

BryanS

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:35 PM

"my last one lasted 20 years with out a repair"

Well this one didn't :)

#6 Applianceman97

Applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 2,084 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Fresh Squeezed IPA

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:36 PM

"I've got an old frigidaire made by GM in the garage and it still works great! Things just aren't made the way they used to be."

Edited by applianceman97, 12 August 2014 - 06:37 PM.

Kicks major Samsung booty first, asks diagnostic questions later.

http://www.justintimeappliance.com

#7 BryanS

BryanS

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:41 PM

I worked on my 2nd french door Frigidaire today too. I've come to the conclusion that they are the worst designed french door so far. So much shit in the way and to disassemble in the freezer section.

#8 B4UTRUST

B4UTRUST

Yamabushi

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Monty Python's Holy Grail Ale

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:43 PM

"Well I've got an extended warranty from "x" company, why are you trying to charge me for the repair?" 

Owner/Operator Flagship Appliance Repair

#9 AQAppliances

AQAppliances

IkkĊ-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 07:32 PM

I wasted over 500 in parts today. Frigidiare front load washer not spinning and agitating. Replaced the motor control board and it spins and agitates however the timer will no longer advance. Put a new motor, timer, latch, ANOTHER speed control board and the timer still won't advance. Luckily these parts will all be tax write off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics