Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Dumbstruck by the new computer-controlled appliances? Let the Samurai enlighten you…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
westone

Bosch SilencePlus 9000359119 DW unused soap at end of cycle

6 posts in this topic

At the end of the cycle, sometimes my ~2 year old Bosch SilencePlus dishwasher has unused Cascade liquid DW detergent that has ran down the inside of the door after the soap drawer has opened and has not been dissolved, like there was no water spraying around when the drawer opened. Or like the drawer opened at the end of the cycle and the detergent just ran down. This is a new phenomenon. 

I thought maybe it was due to the way I had stacked dishes on the bottom rack near the door. But I know for a fact I have stood baking sheets across the bottom rack right in front of the door, and the water has still circulated enough to dissolve all of the soap and not leave any traces on the door. And there has been soap left unused when there are no large dishes obstructing the door. I'm thinking the drawer is not opening on time reliably.

I have checked the water is circulating by opening the door in the middle of the cycle and observing both arms moving around. I also checked the filter and the filter well, both of which were clean because I check and clean them regularly.

Any suggestions? Thanks of the help,

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Unused detergent almost always = insufficient water charge.  How old is the dishwasher?  If older then 5 years, I'd start with a water valve.

Poor water circulation. Check the spray arms for clogs, then depth of water when it is done filling. Should be near the top of the filter.Make sure filter is clean.

BTW, that's the serial number you posted. A model number is needed to steer you towards the purchase of the correct parts.

BTW, that's the serial number you posted. A model number is needed to steer you towards the purchase of the correct parts.

Oh and I tried to be a good grasshopper. The model # is :SHE43RF6UC/64. 

It didn't seem possible to edit the title.