Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Bosch SilencePlus 9000359119 DW unused soap at end of cycle

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 westone

westone

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:15 AM

At the end of the cycle, sometimes my ~2 year old Bosch SilencePlus dishwasher has unused Cascade liquid DW detergent that has ran down the inside of the door after the soap drawer has opened and has not been dissolved, like there was no water spraying around when the drawer opened. Or like the drawer opened at the end of the cycle and the detergent just ran down. This is a new phenomenon. 

I thought maybe it was due to the way I had stacked dishes on the bottom rack near the door. But I know for a fact I have stood baking sheets across the bottom rack right in front of the door, and the water has still circulated enough to dissolve all of the soap and not leave any traces on the door. And there has been soap left unused when there are no large dishes obstructing the door. I'm thinking the drawer is not opening on time reliably.

I have checked the water is circulating by opening the door in the middle of the cycle and observing both arms moving around. I also checked the filter and the filter well, both of which were clean because I check and clean them regularly.

Any suggestions? Thanks of the help,

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 DanInKansas

DanInKansas

Kohai

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Lion Imperial or Shiner Bock

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:05 PM

Unused detergent almost always = insufficient water charge.  How old is the dishwasher?  If older then 5 years, I'd start with a water valve.

#3 stewartservice

stewartservice

Sōhei

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Yuengling

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:59 PM

Poor water circulation. Check the spray arms for clogs, then depth of water when it is done filling. Should be near the top of the filter.Make sure filter is clean.

#4 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,875 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:28 PM

BTW, that's the serial number you posted. A model number is needed to steer you towards the purchase of the correct parts.

Scott Wolf

#5 westone

westone

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 01:37 PM

BTW, that's the serial number you posted. A model number is needed to steer you towards the purchase of the correct parts.

Oh and I tried to be a good grasshopper. The model # is :SHE43RF6UC/64. 

It didn't seem possible to edit the title.

#6 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,875 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:50 PM

I would start by replacing the water valve. Part number: 00622058

Part number: 00622058

Scott Wolf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics