Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
John Murphy

Bosch Dishwasher Model #SHU43C06UC/17

15 posts in this topic

Owner states that this 6 or so year old dishwasher had been performing satisfactorily until this morning when it was turned on but no water entered the machine. Is there a way to test if it's a defective water inlet valve? Any other suggestions?

Thanks

John

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Focus on the pressure chamber Part number: AP3955009

Part number: AP3955009

And the water inlet valve Part number: 00425458

Part number: 00425458

If the valve isn't getting voltage, then the pressure chamber is bad.  

I checked if the valve was getting any voltage by placing my analog muti meter probes on the each of the two spade contacts and turned the machine on. The needle didn't move. I then checked the continuity by pulling the clips, putting the meter on ohms and placing the probes on the same two spade contacts, uncliped. The needle moved. If I did the voltage testing right, then it seems the problem would be in the pressure chamber. The pressure chamber is a new dishwashing machine part for me . Would you please confirm that I tested for voltage correctly and explain to me how the pressure chamber fits into the wash cycle and it's location inside the washer? I looked for it in my Kleinert eddition and didn't find it. Thanks

Sounds like you need the pressure chamber.

I have just ordered the pressure chamber. What the best method for me gaining instruction in its installation? 

Remove the mounting screws under the counter and slide the dishwasher out about a foot.  Pressure chamber is there in the left hand side.  Plug n chug.  

I replaced the pressure chamber to no avail. I already had the replacement water inlet valve on hand (I originally thought that was the problem so I had ordered one) so I went ahead and relaced that. Once again, to no avail. Dishwasher contiues to turn on and hum but no water enters the tub. Each time I have disconnected the water inlet valve water has been present so feel sure that the supply  line to the water inlet valve is functioning. When I replaced the pressure chamber I noticed that the top wire clip have two slots where the chamber has three blades for the top clip. I looked at the old chamber and it appeared apparrent that the top two blades on the chamber had been used so that's what I hooked back up on the new chamber. The bottom wire harness has three blades and the recepticle for it has three slots.

One of the three things that I was told could be the problem was the over flow float switch. I can find no such animal inside the tub of this Bosch machine. Is there such a device located elsewhere that may be the problem?

Dishwasher contiues to turn on and hum but no water enters the tub. 

Why did you leave that crucial piece of diagnostic info out of your opening post?  Had you said this then, I would have had you check for a tub leak.  What you're hearing is the drain pump running because the float switch in the drain pan has been tripped.  

Overflow flow switch is activated by a  Styrofoam disc on the bottom left front just below the " pressure chamber". Look for the presence of water in the plastic base of the dishwasher where the motor, pump etc. reside. Also look for signs of mice. They trip those all the time around where I live. Red rod from pressure chamber is the actuator. Is the humming constant? Even when door is open and power switch on control panel is on?

Edited by stewartservice

There are ample signs of mice. 

So, I pull the diswasher out to untrip the overflow switch?

The hum ceases when I open the door of the washer.

I am not sure how to gain access to the interior of the plastic base to check for the presence of water.  I can see no standing water inside of the machine, below the debris screen, however the owners may have sopped any standing water up in their attempt to see whats up.

I apologize for not having provided a complete diagnostic report in my original post, won't happen again. In the mean time, I would love to get this sucker running. Thanks for your help.

John

Just vacuum or brush away from the front or side anything that may be under or around the disk. Jiggle red rod up and down to get it to reset after. You would be able to see it from the front after removing the toe panel and insulation.

Edited by stewartservice

There are ample signs of mice. 

Those critters LOVE to eat the styrofoam disc on the bottom left front just below the " pressure chamber".Part number: 165301

Part number: 165301

And, BTW, BSH has identified a potential problem associated with the dishwasher control module. In rare instances the control can fail in such a way that could cause a potential fire hazard to consumers.

Serial number range for your model: FD8205 – FD8507

More information at:

http://www.cpsc.gov/...to-fire-hazard/

Thanks for the info regarding the fire hazard. I printed out the recall notice from CPSC's web page. I will provide it to the owner as their model & serial number falls within the sequence.

So. after reading the latest advice, I pulled the machine out of the cabinet, removed the pressure switch and vacumed a whole lot of mouse debri from around the styrfoam disc. When I was done the disc could spin freely and there was no evidence of any dirt remaining. I reinstalled the pressure chamber, moved the red rod up & down a few dozen times and put the machiine back under the counter. No change in dishwasher performance. I checked to see if the new inlet valve was getting  current with the machine on and "humming" and it was.

If the float switch was causing the problem would the inlet valve still be getting current?

I can't see any standing water in the plastice base, where the float switch is, nor is there any evidence that water has been leaking from the tub.

I hope to be allowed  to stay with this until I get it done but I do seem to be chasing my tail. Suggestions?

Thanks 

Float switch activated would not allow power to the water inlet valve.  Have you verified power to the valve with the wiring unplugged from the valve? Verified that you get water to the inlet valve? Press the "cancel" buttons and allow dishwasher to run for a minute or so. Power off. Open door. Close door. Power on,then try to restart a normal cycle. Some times they can be some where in a cycle and need to be reset.

Edited by stewartservice

By Gum! That was it!

Machine has been fixed!

Which problem was the culprit? Inlet valve, pressure chamber, mouse debri surounded styrafoam float switch? Who knows at this point. If I had to bet I would say that it was the float switch surrounded with mouse debri. I charged the owner for the new water inlet valve and ate the cost of the new pressure chamber. I just didn't want to pull that sucker out one more time and replace the new parts that I had installed with possibly faulty old ones. Chalking the expense up to the cost of learning and I learned a bunch on this one. Thanks so much for staying with me on it. Good job!

John