Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

hodor

timer rebuild for roper red4640yq1

5 posts in this topic

I took the motor off the back of the timer and stepped away for a minute, heard a noise, and came back to find that the cat had knocked it off the counter so that she had a place to lie down.  The plastic pieces all fell out and I'm not sure where everything goes.  The timer is part Part number: W10436308

Part number: W10436308

, and is the one pictured here from this thread.  Anybody have a picture or a diagram to show where the pieces go?  Also a good source for just the motor?  Motor says 418-619-20-b5 on it.

Thank you!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Nope, better to just replace the whole timer. May I ask why you took the timer apart in the first place?

Scott, I'm pretty sure Hodor didn't take the timer apart, just removed the motor from the timer.

The CAT took care of taking the timer apart by pushing it onto the floor to clear his/her personal space that someone was infringing upon!

Nope, better to just replace the whole timer. May I ask why you took the timer apart in the first place?

The wife and I have our first kid on the way, I'm trying to save money here, so I want to put it back together.

Better to replace. These timers used on low end Whirlpool models (roper, estate...etc.) are junk. A very similar one is used on their low end dryers. They fail often. We don't try to fix them. Buy one from APP and you at least have a one year warranty on it.

Eric