Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***CLICK HERE AND READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
krr1101

Sears Kenmore washer 110.28422700

8 posts in this topic

Can any one tell me how to easily get the control panel off this washer? The lid switch is bad. I got it out but can't get the control panel off. It does not have the screws in the front or in the back or under a plastic cover. . I don't remember seeing spring clips either. It does have two screws on each side under the bottom of the control panel. I can see them just can't easily get to them. I got one of them out . Problem is how to get it all back together after I replace the lid switch.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

This video is on APP page for a common WP lid switch. The switch is not the proper one for your machine but the video shows how to use a putty knife under the control panel ends to release the spring clips.

http://fast.wistia.net/embed/iframe/41zrahy0px?controlsVisibleOnLoad=true&plugin%5Bsocialbar-v1%5D%5Bbuttons%5D=email-twitter-googlePlus-facebook&version=v1&videoHeight=237&videoWidth=422&volumeControl=true&autoPlay=true

The switch you need is this one:

Part number: AP3180933

Part number: AP3180933

Thanks for all your help.

While searching the web I found someone else having problems removing the control panel on this washer. Is there any one out there that is familiar with this model washer?

Kenmore washer. model 110.28422700 type 111-07 I have the timer I just can not get in the control panel from the back or sides. I need to know how to get the top control panel open to install the timer.

Many of us are familiar with this washer. It is a favorite of many technicians. Watch this video;

http://fast.wistia.net/embed/iframe/41zrahy0px?controlsVisibleOnLoad=true&plugin%5Bsocialbar-v1%5D%5Bbuttons%5D=email-twitter-googlePlus-facebook&version=v1&videoHeight=237&videoWidth=422&volumeControl=true&autoPlay=true

See how the control panel ends have hooks? The hooks are disengaged by pulling the bottom of the control panel forward. Some machines have a screw at each end holding everything down while yours has a clip.

Insert a putty knife as shown in the video. The clips have to be pushed in to release the front of the control panel ends; then pull forward and up on the end you are working on.

Here is a picture of the control panel end, showing where the clip is.

Part number: AP3842191

Part number: AP3842191

Wow great thank you so much. I will see tomorrow if I can get it off . I will let you know how it went later.

It worked like a champ. Used Putty knife to depress clip like you said and wala ! Control panel came right off.  Replaced the lid switch and all is well now!!!

Thanks for all your help.

Edited by krr1101