Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Sears Kenmore washer 110.28422700

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 krr1101

krr1101

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:coffee

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:38 PM

Can any one tell me how to easily get the control panel off this washer? The lid switch is bad. I got it out but can't get the control panel off. It does not have the screws in the front or in the back or under a plastic cover. . I don't remember seeing spring clips either. It does have two screws on each side under the bottom of the control panel. I can see them just can't easily get to them. I got one of them out . Problem is how to get it all back together after I replace the lid switch.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 vee8power

vee8power

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Folgers

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:48 AM

This video is on APP page for a common WP lid switch. The switch is not the proper one for your machine but the video shows how to use a putty knife under the control panel ends to release the spring clips.

http://fast.wistia.n...e&autoPlay=true

The switch you need is this one:

Part number: AP3180933

Part number: AP3180933

#3 krr1101

krr1101

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:14 PM

Thanks for all your help.

#4 krr1101

krr1101

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:22 PM

While searching the web I found someone else having problems removing the control panel on this washer. Is there any one out there that is familiar with this model washer?

Kenmore washer. model 110.28422700 type 111-07 I have the timer I just can not get in the control panel from the back or sides. I need to know how to get the top control panel open to install the timer.

#5 vee8power

vee8power

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:49 AM

Many of us are familiar with this washer. It is a favorite of many technicians. Watch this video;

http://fast.wistia.n...e&autoPlay=true

See how the control panel ends have hooks? The hooks are disengaged by pulling the bottom of the control panel forward. Some machines have a screw at each end holding everything down while yours has a clip.

Insert a putty knife as shown in the video. The clips have to be pushed in to release the front of the control panel ends; then pull forward and up on the end you are working on.

#6 vee8power

vee8power

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:58 AM

Here is a picture of the control panel end, showing where the clip is.

Part number: AP3842191

Part number: AP3842191

#7 krr1101

krr1101

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:56 PM

Wow great thank you so much. I will see tomorrow if I can get it off . I will let you know how it went later.

#8 krr1101

krr1101

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:08 PM

It worked like a champ. Used Putty knife to depress clip like you said and wala ! Control panel came right off.  Replaced the lid switch and all is well now!!!

Thanks for all your help.

Edited by krr1101, 18 August 2014 - 10:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics