Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Fisher paykel Model# GWL10US

error codes

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Fisher

Fisher

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:miller light

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:13 AM

Please need help troubleshooting a Fisher Paykel washer model # GWL10US. Error code #132.. i think, 5th light on the wash bar is blinking and the cold water light also blinking. Washer has been reset several times and when cloths are added it keeps giving me this error code. Thanks

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 DADoESTX

DADoESTX

Kohai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Iced tea with a spike of earl grey

Posted 16 August 2014 - 01:35 PM

Fault 32 (10000100) (you've confirmed this via diagnostics?)

Single Current Trip

The Motor Controller Module detected momentary excess current in the motor or electronic switches.

Sources:  1) Wiring or Motor or 2) Motor Controller

1) Test for 12.2 ohms resistance across the three motor phases on the harness at the motor controller.

Check the RPS and wiring for water/corrosion damage or mechanical damage.

2) Replace the motor controller.  First check for water leaks at the cooling chamber and supply valves, if so fix the leaking before replacing the controller.

Cold temp light flashing = no cold water.

5th progress light (first rinse light) flashing = oversudsing.

Or possibly is related to the cycle position when Fault 132 occurs.

#3 Fisher

Fisher

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 02:29 PM

No I haven't checked via diagnostics.When I fill with cloths and turn the machine on it fills with water and then I get the flashing lights. Yes it's the 5th light (first rinse light) and the cold water light. I'm not sure if it's fault #132,that's what another website told me they thought it could be. I will run a diagnostic test and re-post.

#4 stewartservice

stewartservice

Sōhei

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Yuengling

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:56 PM

Turn washer off. Press and hold wash temp down button then press the power button. You should hear 2 beeps.Release buttons. Use the" spin speed button up" until the "slow and hold" lights light up. Then tell us what "wash progress " lights are lit. That will be the stored fault code.

Edited by stewartservice, 16 August 2014 - 06:56 PM.

#5 Fisher

Fisher

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:28 PM

I got in the diagnostic mode and no lights were lit on the wash bar,so I started checking the pump,diverter valve,lid switch,etc. and when I got to the cold water valve..no water. Hot water works good but no cold so I'm going to replace both valves and go from there. Thanks for the help

#6 DADoESTX

DADoESTX

Kohai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:25 AM

There's no need to replace the hot valve if it doesn't have a confirmed problem.

There are 16 diagnostic levels, 0 through 15.  Some of the levels don't give useful information.  Switching between levels is via the Spin Speed Up/Down buttons.  The selected level is indicated by the spin lights in binary fashion (Hold=1, Slow=2, Medium=4, High=8).  The last recorded fault code is displayed via the Wash Progress lights in Diagnostic Level 3, which is indicated by spin Hold and Slow lit at the same time (1 + 2 = Level 3).

#7 Fisher

Fisher

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:20 PM

When it was in diagnostic mode the Hold and Slow lights were lit and also the Cold light as well. There were no lights on the wash bar lit. I have since reset the washer and used Hot water only and it has worked as it should, so I'm thinking it's the cold water valve. Any other suggestions would be of great help.

#8 DADoESTX

DADoESTX

Kohai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:15 PM

I have since reset the washer and used Hot water only and it has worked as it should, so I'm thinking it's the cold water valve.

Rinsing always involves cold water.

#9 Fisher

Fisher

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:31 PM

Since the cold water valve is a mixing valve, is it possible that it's not operating properly causing the error?

#10 stewartservice

stewartservice

Sōhei

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:24 AM

Do you feel or hear the cold valve Hum / vibrate? Check cold water going to machine, single lever shut offs have a tendency to fail.  Make sure you are getting it to the washer. Check screen on water valve where hose attaches. Clean ? Check power to valve?

#11 Fisher

Fisher

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:47 PM

I found it!!! The screen on the hose end was clogged not letting enough water into the valve. I cleaned both hot and cold screens and ran 3 loads of cloths on warm water and the washer worked like a champ! Thanks for all the help

#12 stewartservice

stewartservice

Sōhei

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:41 PM

Congrats.

#13 DADoESTX

DADoESTX

Kohai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:01 AM

Yay.  :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics