Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool Dishwasher model DU900PWKQ0 only drains when water level is low in dishwasher

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 joeykon1

joeykon1

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:coffee

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:35 PM

Hi I have 10 year old Whirlpool Dishwasher model DU900PWKQ0. It loads water in fine but will only drain the water when there is just a small amount of water in the bottom Once the amount makes it up to the door, it wont drain. It drains fine when the amount of water is small but does not drain at all otherwise. I checked the check valve and replaced it, I also opened up the inside all the way down to the food chopper and cleaned it out. I checked the float and the Float switch. All are fine. I checked the hose and also ok as I noted when the amount of water is small in the dishwasher it drains fine. Any further thoughts on this is appreciated.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Havoc

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:What's on tap?

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:40 AM

Part number: 3369482

Part number: 3369482

Check the check valve (where the drain hose connects to the pump). You may find some debris in there...

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

#3 joeykon1

joeykon1

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:56 AM

Thanks as noted I checked and even replaced the valve and did not help.  I also opened up the inside all the way down to the food chopper and cleaned it out. I checked the float and the Float switch. All are fine. I checked the hose and also ok as I noted when the amount of water is small in the dishwasher it drains fine. 

#4 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Havoc

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:What's on tap?

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:30 AM

What is the condition of the drain impeller?

Part number: 8274950

Part number: 8274950

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

#5 joeykon1

joeykon1

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:26 AM

yep checked that also and it is fine.  what is weird it will drain if the water level is about 1 inch or so.  Above that it will not drain. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics