Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE Triton Dishwasher GSD6900J01BB constant tone after power failure

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mr.Dan

Mr.Dan

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:45 PM

Hey folks, I have a GE Triton GSD6900J01BB that has a constant tone after a power failure.  The key pad is un-responsive.  The only way to stop it is to kill the power.  I tried disconecting the ribbon wire from the touch pad, but that doesn't stop the tone.  I figured the board had failed so I replaced that but, on power up the same problem.  Whom ever worked on this beast before me didn't replace the tech sheet so I am SOL on that front.  Anyone have any suggestions?  I am wondering if it could be the board with the LCD display somehow tied to the timer on the board?  The door switch tests fine also.   

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,051 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:05 PM

Can locate the source of the tone to a particular board or part of the dishwasher? 

#3 Mr.Dan

Mr.Dan

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:12 AM

Yes, The buzzer is on the main board, which I replaced.  I'm wondering if the LCD display board is somehow triggering the signal.  I might just try that its a $30 part.  I just hate to throw parts at something with out a diagnosis of some type.  I did try to disconnect the LCD to see if the tone stopped but no change.  Thats why I went for the main board first.

#4 Mr.Dan

Mr.Dan

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:52 PM

So today I replaced the LCD board and got the same result.  I rechecked everything and still, once the power is on, the tone on the board goes off loud and steady.  I even tried unplugging everything except the power input and got the same result.  Clearly the board is looking for something from one of the components that its not seeing.  Also when the power outage occured the dishwasher was off and the door slightly open.  The only thing that should have had any current would have been the input to the main CPU.  not sure what the next step should be.  I did find a tech sheet but the info on there is useless if you can't run a self test.  I did ohm out the main components and they are in range.  The diagram is so basic that it doesn't help with the alarm on the board.  I need to find a service manual or throw in the towel.

#5 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:on the house...

Posted Yesterday, 07:01 AM

GE Recalls Dishwashers Due to Fire Hazard

http://www.cpsc.gov/...to-Fire-Hazard/

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

#6 olyteddy

olyteddy

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Earl Grey

Posted Yesterday, 11:25 PM

GE Recalls Dishwashers Due to Fire Hazard

http://www.cpsc.gov/...to-Fire-Hazard/

This was because the CalRod heater wasn't properly sealed. Nothing to do with the OP's problem.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics