Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
Mr.Dan

GE Triton Dishwasher GSD6900J01BB constant tone after power failure

8 posts in this topic

Hey folks, I have a GE Triton GSD6900J01BB that has a constant tone after a power failure.  The key pad is un-responsive.  The only way to stop it is to kill the power.  I tried disconecting the ribbon wire from the touch pad, but that doesn't stop the tone.  I figured the board had failed so I replaced that but, on power up the same problem.  Whom ever worked on this beast before me didn't replace the tech sheet so I am SOL on that front.  Anyone have any suggestions?  I am wondering if it could be the board with the LCD display somehow tied to the timer on the board?  The door switch tests fine also.   

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Can locate the source of the tone to a particular board or part of the dishwasher? 

Yes, The buzzer is on the main board, which I replaced.  I'm wondering if the LCD display board is somehow triggering the signal.  I might just try that its a $30 part.  I just hate to throw parts at something with out a diagnosis of some type.  I did try to disconnect the LCD to see if the tone stopped but no change.  Thats why I went for the main board first.

So today I replaced the LCD board and got the same result.  I rechecked everything and still, once the power is on, the tone on the board goes off loud and steady.  I even tried unplugging everything except the power input and got the same result.  Clearly the board is looking for something from one of the components that its not seeing.  Also when the power outage occured the dishwasher was off and the door slightly open.  The only thing that should have had any current would have been the input to the main CPU.  not sure what the next step should be.  I did find a tech sheet but the info on there is useless if you can't run a self test.  I did ohm out the main components and they are in range.  The diagram is so basic that it doesn't help with the alarm on the board.  I need to find a service manual or throw in the towel.

This was because the CalRod heater wasn't properly sealed. Nothing to do with the OP's problem.

No, but he might be unaware the dishwasher has a safety recall on it... better safe than sorry

The serial number on this unit is not in the range that was recalled.  But thanks for responding