Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Miele 2470 scvi f18 error

miele f18 water inlet valve flow meter

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 daveo

daveo

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:07 PM

I have the Miele 2470 scvi that shows an f18 error.

Per service manual

"If an F18 fault is displayed The water inlet valve is open when it should not be (signal to open it has not been given by the electronic module). Water then flows into the appliance and unexpected pulses from the flow meter B3/4 are detected.  

1. Check the Water Inlet Valve for proper operation (may be stuck in open position).
 a. Gain access to the water inlet valve.  
b. Start a wash program  
c. Place your hand around the inlet valve during the water inlet step. You should feel a vibration indicating that the valve is energized.
 d. At the end of the water inlet step the valve should be de-energized. If water is still entering the machine, replace the water          inlet valve.
 e. Check for interference pulses. Electrical components within the water diverter could be interfering with the pulses produced by the flow meter. Troubleshoot accordingly and replace the water diverter if necessary. "

The inlet valve is vibrating and water entering the machine from the moment the machine is turned on and door closed no matter what wash program or service mode I try.  When I open the door, the valve closes properly and water flow stops. Even in service mode "U7.  Vacant" as soon as I close the door, the valve opens and water pours in. 

This has me thinking valve is working properly and flow meter is working properly because when starting a program and only a drain cycle should be operating, it is reading water flow and throws the F18 code.  

Could it be a control board or could their be something (relay or something) between the control board and valve that is not releasing.  

Ideas?
Dave

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 stewartservice

stewartservice

Sōhei

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Yuengling

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:10 PM

Have had to replace "diveter" for similar problem in the past. Not 100% sure it will cure this. I gambled. Inlet chamber # 06738866.

Edited by stewartservice, 21 August 2014 - 08:18 PM.

#3 stewartservice

stewartservice

Sōhei

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:00 AM

Also keep in mind that I have seen these water valves stick open and then function fine for many washes after that.

#4 daveo

daveo

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:03 AM

I started looking at the diverter per your advice and noticed that there were 2 solenoids at the bottom.  Number 12(from miele parts illustration) is the EGS valve for the "electronic controlled water softener" and has a little drip.  I'll take that off and see if the seal is in the diverter or the solenoid to fix that issue.  That little drip has dripped on solenoid number 11 which is the "reactivation valve".  When I disconnect power from solenoid number 11, the machine seems to run fine.  I tried a short cycle and no error codes.  I try it  in service mode "U7.  Vacant" and nothing happens which is good.... until I clip the power back in to number 11 and water starts rushing in.   Tested mid cycle also, by plugging and unplugging number 11 power and each time it behaved the same, plugged in and water, unplug and stops.  Since i'm justa Grasshoppah i'm trying to figure out why this action tells the water inlet valve to open even if the solenoid is bad because of water dripping on it.  I'm pretty sure the water valve is good because I can definatly feel that the solenoids are energized on the inlet valve when water is entering the machine. 

#5 stewartservice

stewartservice

Sōhei

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:49 PM

If you have access to service manual,look at section 3.18,e, page 147, it sounds as if the reactivation valve is interfering some how. Not something I've run into. If not I can send to you.

Edited by stewartservice, 22 August 2014 - 04:49 PM.

#6 daveo

daveo

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:17 AM

I must have a different manual than you.  The one I have is called TECHNICAL INFORMATION G1000 / G2000 Dishwashers. 

It was good to help identify what parts were and their functions on my Miele. 

Please let me know how to access the one you are looking at so I can get on the same page as you.

#7 stewartservice

stewartservice

Sōhei

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:41 AM

Same manual.

#8 daveo

daveo

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:59 AM

ok, possibly a different version then.  (Revised: 12-2006 - LG)

My manual doesn't have a 3.18,e and page 147 is about service mode of a different model.

copy of index below. 

3.0 COMMISSION AND OPERATION .............................................................................23
3.1 Door Handle / Lock – Prefinished & Integrated Models.........................................................................................23
3.2 Child Safety Lock....................................................................................................................................................23
3.3 Water Softener.........................................................................................................................................................24
3.3.1 Water Softener Salt – General Information..................................................................................................24
3.3.2 Water Softener Salt – Adding.......................................................................................................................24
3.4 General Operation....................................................................................................................................................26
3.4.1 Novotronic Controls.....................................................................................................................................26
3.4.2 Touchtronic & Navitronic Controls..............................................................................................................26
3.4.3 Fully Integrated (Incognito) (Vi) Controls...................................................................................................27

G1000 / G2000 Dishwashers - Table of Contents (Continued)
6.3.2 Inspira Series - G1180 & G2180 .................................................................................................................139
6.3.2.1 G1180 / G2180 - Programming Mode ......................................................................................139
6.3.2.2 G1180 / G2180 - Service Mode ................................................................................................146
6.3.2.3 G1180 / G2180 – Component Test............................................................................................149

#9 stewartservice

stewartservice

Sōhei

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:46 AM

If you send me your email I'll send you what I have. stewartservice@comcast.net

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics