Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag stacked dryer LSG7806AAE: the Rumble in the Condo

maytag

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 starstuff42

starstuff42

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:blue moon

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:15 PM

Hello all,

Newbie here, who has joined b/c I have a question about my dryer. It is a maytag stacked (on top of the washer) model LSG7806AAE and has been making a loud rumbling sound when it starts a cycle and when it ends. It takes a while to dry clothes, and after doing some preliminary research I think it is either the drum support roller or the blower wheel assembly that needs to be replaced (or both do).

My question is: how do I get to them? I don't know how to access the inside of the dryer. Do i unscrew the slanted metal piece between the washer and the dryer, or do I have to take the door and the front of the dryer off? Do I access it through the back of the dryer? The power and water tubing that connects the washer/dryer unit to the wall is only about 4 ft long, and as such I can't move the unit completely out of the closet (to access the back).

Suggestions?  Thanks!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 MicaBay

MicaBay

Master Roaster

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Drifter Pale Ale

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:17 PM

Hello all,

Newbie here, who has joined b/c I have a question about my dryer. It is a maytag stacked (on top of the washer) model LSG7806AAE and has been making a loud rumbling sound when it starts a cycle and when it ends. It takes a while to dry clothes, and after doing some preliminary research I think it is either the drum support roller or the blower wheel assembly that needs to be replaced (or both do).

My question is: how do I get to them? I don't know how to access the inside of the dryer. Do i unscrew the slanted metal piece between the washer and the dryer, or do I have to take the door and the front of the dryer off? Do I access it through the back of the dryer? The power and water tubing that connects the washer/dryer unit to the wall is only about 4 ft long, and as such I can't move the unit completely out of the closet (to access the back).

Suggestions?  Thanks!

Part number: AP4294048

Part number: AP4294048

Start the dryer, let it run for 15 secs or so, then open the door quickly and watch the drum.... if the sound is still being made when the drum is not moving, bad blower wheel is most likely the culprit.   

As far as access.  I'm not familiar with this specific model, but I would start by removing the panel in-between dryer and washer and then then possibly the control panel next.... sometimes the first cut is the deepest, and the rest becomes clearer.

Good Luck

MicaBay

#3 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:31 PM

Right part number, wrong video. You need to remove the slanted access panel between the washer and the dryer, then remove the front of the dryer, then the front bulkhead and the front of the blower housing. Everything is front serviceable, no need to pull the dryer away from the wall.

Scott Wolf

#4 MicaBay

MicaBay

Master Roaster

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Drifter Pale Ale

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:39 PM

Right part number, wrong video. You need to remove the slanted access panel between the washer and the dryer, then remove the front of the dryer, then the front bulkhead and the front of the blower housing. Everything is front serviceable, no need to pull the dryer away from the wall.

Appliance parts pro automatically post the video when you link to the part.... most of the time it is for the same machine, but because they use this part on other machines... well, ya get the picture.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: maytag

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics