Changed out a new control board and the panel buttons are dead and the display reads LOC REF. I put the old board back on and it works fine. Reason for new board is getting an F2 error on the old board but with the old board the buttons functions fine. What is the deal with the new board getting LOC REF.
GE Monogram Oven ZET958SF5SS LOC REF error
Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:14 PM
Yes its has it on the panel to hold 9 and 0 down simultaneously but this is not child lock. Tried that. I have read on a couple of post of the same problem. There is some type of parameter setting for the communication between the board and glass touch panels. One I read for another model said hold 6 and 8 down and then the panel will work. I need something definitive before I go back out to try it again. Somebody has to know what this is and how to solve it.
Edited by Dude100, 22 August 2014 - 04:15 PM.
Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:33 AM
ZET958 ZEK958 PT958 PT956 PK956 JTP75 JKP75 If Consumer reports oven false key-press or oven self-started, Engineering requests Tech perform Mini-Manual "Lock Reference" procedure; copied below for convenience.
When the control panel is accessed, the signals used by glass touch control may be adversely affected. To compensate for this change in signals, the following procedure must be followed every time the control panel is accessed.
1. Make sure power to the wall oven is turned off_
2. Completely close the wall oven control panel and return the wall oven to its normal installation_
3. Apply power to the wall oven. Accessing the control panel area but not replacing the control:
4. Enter Special Functions mode by pressing the BAKE and BROIL keys at the same time.
5. Reset the control by pressing the 9 and 0 or the HOUR DOWN and MINUTE DOWN keys for 3 seconds at the same time.
6. Approximately 20 seconds after the time of day is displayed. press the 1 and 5 or the TEMP LIP and MINUTE UP keys. The control should briefly go blank, briefly display all segments. briefly 'display "LOC FIEF," display all segments for 30 seconds, and then display "LOC REF:"
7. Acknowledge the "LOC REF" command by pressing the 6 and 8 or the HOUR DOWN and MINUTE UP keys at the same time. The control should then display the time of day,
8. The oven should be ready for normal operation.
9. Test the functionality of the glass touch contra especially the CLEAR/OFF and/or CANCEL key(s)..
Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:07 PM
Chat In FL...that is what I was looking for. Thank You!. I don't understand why GE does not include these instructions with the new control board.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users