Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Tired of guessing on service calls?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
schwebes

Kenmore 795.710222.011 - ice maker harvests well but will not dispense

4 posts in this topic

I have a Kenmore 795.710222.011. The ice maker works great but we have to open the door and get the ice because the dispenser does not dispense the ice. There is a sound like it is engaging the gear but then just a humming sound and no ice comes out. Occasionally, I manually turn the wheel that dispenses the ice from the inside, put the bin back in, and get about 4-5 cubes and then it stops again. I've searched everywhere for a solution and Sears of course wants to charge me $75 just to come out to look at it. I'd rather fix it myself if possible. Thanks for anyone who can help.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I'm having trouble with that model number though I'm sure it's posted correctly.  This unit was manufactured for Sears by LG.  Dispenser issue could be motor or control related.  Any other dispenser related symptoms?

Yes, the number I got wrong, it should be 795.71022.011

When you press the ice dispenser it seems to engage and then hums - no ice.

Have you tried running it with out icebin installed.  If it runs with out humming it might just be icebin.  

Auger motor EAU35872004  -   Ice bucket Part number: 5075JA1044L

Part number: 5075JA1044L

Avoid ordering directly from sears --  AppliancePartsPros offers 356 warranty on parts - easy returns