Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Samsung refrigerator RF4287HA Ice maker stuck in harvest mode

RF4287HA samsung ice maker

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 samsunglan

samsunglan

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:hipster microbrews

Posted 22 August 2014 - 03:14 PM

The ice maker has been acting up in my RF4287HA.

Pictures here:

QZleB7J.jpg

caGWTm3.jpg

pRutcyO.jpg

The water line is open, it fills the tray just fine.The problem is that the machine constantly tries to harvest the ice. My google-fu brought me to this link: http://www.justanswer.com/appliance/7i7qv-samasung-fridge-model-rf4287hars-xaa-ice-maker-not-making.html  From that link, I can confirm that my ejector blades are stuck in the 3 o clock position with the arm up.

When I reset the ice maker as per samsung's instructions, the tray fills up with water. So, no water line issues. However, the end result is that the ice maker makes a complete wheel of frozen ice, with the ejector blades frozen inside. I broke one section out to get a better look.

The link above says to simply replace it, but I am not sure if the problem is in the unit, or with another module buried in the fridge. Any help would be appreciated.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 lvasquez11

lvasquez11

Sōhei

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:26 PM

Looks like icemaker motor issue-  

Get your replacement ice maker here Part number: DA97-07365G

Part number: DA97-07365G

comes with 365 warranty n easy exchange 

Edited by Samurai Appliance Repair Man, 22 August 2014 - 06:06 PM.

#3 BryanS

BryanS

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:I don't drink

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:55 PM

Agreed. I've changed a few ice makers for that exact problem. It's taking to long to eject the ice out and ice melts on the fingers, which stays on there and it fills up again. At least that is my thought process on how that happens :)

#4 samsunglan

samsunglan

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 01:08 PM

Well guys, I went and ordered a brand new OEM icemaker from samsung. However, this ice maker is displaying the same problem. Is there anything else that could be causing this problem? It seems really strange to me that two ice makers made years apart would have the exact same issue.

My workflow:

plug new ice maker in

hold test button until the fridge 'dings'

close it up

#5 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 17 September 2014 - 03:02 PM

Sure seems like a premature harvest issue.  The icemaker works in tandem with the software of the Main PCB.  Any other cooling issues like overcooling in the fresh food section?

#6 samsunglan

samsunglan

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:08 PM

Sure seems like a premature harvest issue.  The icemaker works in tandem with the software of the Main PCB.  Any other cooling issues like overcooling in the fresh food section?

We have not had any issues with the fridge aside from this ice maker. Thanks everyone for your help so far 

#7 BryanS

BryanS

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:I don't drink

Posted 17 September 2014 - 06:34 PM

In all honesty, I've never had this issue not fixed by changing the icemaker. It appears to me the ice gets stuck on the fingers instead of going into the bucket and then refills. That's how they stick together.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics