Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn Circuit Fu, the ancient lost art of appliance repair…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Amy Kungle

maytag performa model pdet910ayw drum wont turn

5 posts in this topic

Motor seem to start it gets hot but will not turn. Belt is in place. So is it the idler pulley and how do I trouble shoot from here. The to is off but not sure how to proceed. Thanks

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Do the transmission and pump pulleys turn freely by hand?

Also, try removing the belt and running the washer to see if the motor will start and continue running or if it overheats and shuts down.

Do the transmission and pump pulleys turn freely by hand?

Also, try removing the belt and running the washer to see if the motor will start and continue running or if it overheats and shuts down.

This is a dryer, Samurai!

This is a dryer, Samurai!

I knew that!  I was checking to see if Amy was paying attention.   :pint1:  :beatnik:  :gulp:  :beermug:  :hodji:

Amy,turn the drum by hand.  If it's very difficult to turn, the one of the rolling components may be bad or there may be something in the blower wheel.  Otherwise, it rotates without having to use lots of strength, then replace the motor.  Part number: AP4029141

Part number: AP4029141

I'm glad Mr. Murphy messes with someone else besides me Sensai.