Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

SHY56A05UC/14 water pressure and heatrer problem

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 phughes200

phughes200

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:16 PM

My Bosch Dishwasher SHy56A05UC/14 suddenly has no wash pressure from the circulation pump.  When the water is sent to the lower arms, the arm rotates and the water shoots up about 6-8 inches. When the water is sent to the upper arm, the arm does not rotate and water barely comes out.

I was hoping to preemptively order some parts for this before doing the major exploritory dismantle. Stuff I know so far:

• very little pressure/flow from the circulation system.

• Reached into circulation pump inlet and found no blockages

•  water heater had been working in the past, not coming on now, but I assume that is from the circulation flow switch not activating do to low flow? Is that true? 

My guesses at this point without dismantaling and actualy looking at the thing are: 

Missing/broken impeller vanes?

Some kind of blockage between the pump and the outlet.  Is it possible to have a blockage there, it seems like it is just the heater module and pretty wide open space.

thoughts?

Thanks!!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,875 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:25 PM

Did you try running it without the filter in  the sump to see if maybe your sump filter is clogged?

Scott Wolf

#3 phughes200

phughes200

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:50 PM

Made a VERY minor change in flow. Barely noticeable. Filter was clean.

Will low flow cause to heater to sop working? I know there is a flow senor. I just don't know if it has a set threshold of required flow or if it just looks for any flow.

#4 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,878 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:48 AM

Has to be a certain flow, (I don't know how much that is though), it has to overcome the pressure switch inside the heater housing.

I've seen the wash motor impellers separate and cause a low to no flow with the motor running.

If I remember correctly it's either a 7mm or 8mm nut/stub on the end of the wash impeller, you should be able to reach in and turn the impeller and feel if it is turning really free or you feel resistance and it seems to be turning the motor or not.

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#5 phughes200

phughes200

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:30 PM

Thanks. I am unclear where exactly is the nut you are referring to. Can it be access through the inside of the tub?

#6 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,878 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:51 AM

Take the large strainer and fine strainer grate out and from inside dishwasher directly down inlet to pump impeller, (the said nut is actually molded in plastic as the front of the wash impeller).

Part number: 00167085

Part number: 00167085

bosch-circulation-pump-repair-167085-ap2

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#7 phughes200

phughes200

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:18 PM

Thanks.

#8 phughes200

phughes200

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 05:19 PM

Fixed. Impeller was shot. The heater now works. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics