Noticed the "hi temp wash" light blinking this morning. Pressing "Cancel" caused the "Cancel" light to blink along with the "hi temp wash" light. Pressing "Start" did nothing but then the "normal" light began to blink. Shutting off power returned us back to just the "hi temp wash" light blinking. Have been searching for help online. Could not find any tech sheet inside the unit. Came across the following troubleshooting tip but not sure it was for my model number...
To determine exactly what is wrong do the following:
1. Unplug dishwasher or disconnect power.
2. Open the dishwasher door.
3. Open console and disconnect the keypad ribbon connection from the control (at P1). Make sure all other connections are made.
4. Put console back together. Do not close the dishwasher door.
5. Plug in dishwasher or reconnect power.
6. Wait 5 seconds.
7. Close dishwasher door.
8. Monitor the control’s response:
If the control is OK (no longer sees shorts with the keypad unplugged), it will respond by turning on a drain motor for 2 minutes. Replace the keypad if the control responds OK.
If the control is not OK (still sees shorts with the keypad unplugged), then the drain motor will NOT respond and will remain off. If no response, replace the control board.
I went through this procedure and the drain motor did not run but was not sure it was applicable to my model. Could you tell me if this was the proper way to troubleshoot my problem?