Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag LAT2301AAE Commercial Washer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 wetintex

wetintex

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 04:54 PM

My 2 1/2 yr old is filling the house, you have to stop the washer and then go to spin to drain. How do you take this thing apart from the front, top, back ? Are their screws or clips, what is there to do,and what to look for any help Thanks

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,810 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 10 May 2005 - 04:59 PM

Remove the front panel by using a stiff putty knife to undo the clips at the top of the panel (item 5).

#3 wetintex

wetintex

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 01:48 PM

I am trying to used a 6in sheet rock putty knife to open the top with no luck, and if I do opened something what I'm looking for to fix the problem.Thanks

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,810 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 11 May 2005 - 01:57 PM

Ah, now you ask a different, more enlightened question. Before, you asked simply, "How do I take this thing apart?" presuming that you even needed to take it apart to complete your diagnosis. However, I am but a humble Exalted Grand Master of Appliantology so what do I know? What could I possibly know? Oy!

If it were me on the soivice call, I'd first run the washer on a fill cycle and then unplug it during the fill to see if the water shut off like it was supposed to. If it didn't then, according to my Appliantology 3000 chip implant, that would mean a bad water inlet valve. If it did, well, time to look at that pressure switch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics