Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

G.E. wall oven model JRP28BJ1BB wierd happenings

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 alamo3

alamo3

IkkĊ-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:coke zero

Posted Today, 06:57 PM

lady has a built in double wall oven less than a year old and she said in the last two weeks every time she used it she got a strong odor of like rubber burning or electrical burning smell said it worked fine so she kinda ignored it but other people in the house started noticing it and asking her if something was on fire so then she knew it wasnt just her imagination so she stopped using it the last couple of days and asked me to look at it. I flipped down the upper control panel and looked at all the wiring and components and nothing looked burnt so i closed up the panel and slid it almost out of wall and removed enough screws from back panel to pry it away and inspected all the wiring in back to the 4 different elements and 2 light receptacles and all wiring ,connections and components looked good so i buttoned it up,slid back in wall and turned the breaker back on to test and see if i got any wierd smell.  got ready to push commands into board and there is a small flashing"door locked" message. tried to hit cancel and nothing happened stayed locked but after 10 or15 seconds i heard the board make a "clicking" sound (like they do when the temo is cycling) and i pulled the door and it opened even though the door locked message stays on. Closed door and enteredpush "bake" button but it does nothing,no beep no temp setting nothing. Same when I try BROIL. tried to reset clock and clock/timer button will only go to timer not clock. The only command the board seems to accept is "selfl-clean".  Another wierd thing is just sitting there with the door closed and nothing showing on board but the big green clock numbers and the little orange "door locked"message about every 15 to 20 seconds you here a click from the board and what happens is the door locks and unlocks about every15 to 20 seconds. The lady walked up and said "Oh yeah i forgot to tell you for a while its been making this clicking noise up in the top like it does when its on even though its been off for hours but its never showed that"door locked" message until right now. Totally confused especially since it wasnt doing any of this before i got there==and yes=of course i reopened the contol panel to make sure something hadnt pulled loose from board and no wires were touching something they shouldnt.  Any ideas appreciated. thanks

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,597 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted Today, 10:19 PM

usually wierd, unpredictable things mean a bad board.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics