Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Goodman 100k BTU Forced Air Furnace(Wont stop running)

Tomass

I have a Goodman 100k BTU Forced Air Furnace

Model #GMP100-3 REV B

SERIAL#000261 9551

It has been rather cold here this weekend and the furnace wont quit running and will not raise the temp just hold it steady at about 63-65 degrees.  It seems like most of the heat is getting vented up the chimney vent(that duct is the hottest) and the fire doesn't run for very long.  About 1-2 minutes every time.  I was wondering if this is something I might be able to fix or if I should just call the repair man tomarrow. :yikes: Seems like it resets it self to often.

Thank you very much!

BTW- I have all new vinyl windows and only a VERY small draft in one door.   THis is my first year in this house and I dont know if this is normal or not.  Sure doesn't seem like it.

-Tom

joesixpack91578@yahoo.com

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The vent blower and main blower are both running.  Blower is running nonstop.  Starts up and fires for a few minutes and then the fire goes out.

Do you still have the paper work that came with the furance.

If so find the wiring diagram and locate the high limit safety

switch and by-pass it with a jumper. If the switch is bad the gas will stay on. If the switch is bad replace it. Do not operate the furnace with it jumpered out you could start a fire.

Called a repair.  He has detremined it to be the either a cracked heat exchange or the stat limit switch?  Something like that I dont remember what he called it.  N e ways something more than I want to monkey with.  Whoever worked on this furnace before we moved in didn't do a great job!  Just enough to get by.  Thanks for your help anyways

Repair man came.  It had wrong high limit switch(cal or cam limit<whatever>) also had a bent blower motor shaft and bent wheel(blower was thumping pretty badly).  The high limit was supposed to be a 290 degree and the one in there was a 120 degree so you can see where the problem was...

Seems to be working great now. has went up 4 degrees in 1 hour(best ever since I lived here). 

Thanks again for your help and I really appreciate this web site and will refer anyone to it if they have any problems it's really helpfully to have someone that knows what they are dealing with.

-TOMass

Archived