Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE Front Load WCVH6260FWW - noisy spin cycle

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 elongman

elongman

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted Today, 02:40 PM

Hi,

Our GE Front Load washer (model WCVH6260FWW) has started making a racket during the various spin cycles. It kind of sounds like the wash basket is loose and banging against something. When I checked it, I found that the wash basket moves a fair amount front-to-back, but there is no up-and-down movement to it, so I don't think the bearings are worn. I know it makes the noise during the spin cycle, but I'm not sure about the wash cycle; my wife just started a load, so I'll check it in a few minutes to see.  FWIW, this particular unit was built in April 2006.

If it helps, I uploaded a recording of the sound to https://dl.dropboxus...CVH6260FWW.m4a 

Thanks for any guidance you can offer!

Regards,

Eric Longman

--

Regards,
Eric Longman

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 micabay

micabay

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Drifter Pale Ale

Posted Today, 03:47 PM

Take the back panel off and make sure that nut on the big pulley is tight.  I have seen once or twice where that will be loose.  If that is tight, then use you have bad bearings.... and bad bearings typically mean it is cheaper to replace the whole machine rather than repair.

Keep us in the loop to let us know

Thanks good luck,

MicaBay

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics