Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Electrolux EWDW6505GS0 No Power

Electrolux Dishwasher Power Ewdw6505

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jlw6920

jlw6920

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:31 AM

Hi! So I got up this morning and started loading the dishwasher. My 1 year old decided he was going to "help" me by holding the top of the door while opening and closing it repeatedly. I tried turning it on after that and nothing. No lights or sounds coming from it at all. I flipped the breaker, took the power supply wires off and put them back on then turned the breaker back on but still nothing. Any ideas what I can do next? Thanks!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 5,097 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:24 AM

based on your scenario, I would first look at door latch/ locking mechanism failure.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#3 jlw6920

jlw6920

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:35 AM

Thank you I checked that and everything seems fine there. I did however take the control board off and near where the power supply wires go in there is a burned looking spot on the board.

#4 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 5,097 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:53 AM

if it is actually a burn spot, then first rule of repair... repair the obvious problem first. Of course the caveat to that is to make sure there is nothing preexisting that will duplicate the problem.

It's possible repeatedly closing the door could have shorted the board or maybe weakened some solder or something that was already damaged by an earlier burn.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#5 jlw6920

jlw6920

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 11:04 AM

There is a rubberized material on the board just under what looks like some kind of black relay and it has burned all the way through the clear rubber material. He had his hand on the touch panel pushing buttons while he was opening and closing the door. We had issues in the past with the flood switch needing replaced but I didn't even check the control board that time

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Electrolux, Dishwasher, Power, Ewdw6505

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics