Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Magic Chef stove / oven failure code F1

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Udo

Udo

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 05:48 PM

Hi,

I looked through some of the earlier topics about similar problems with Maytag and Magic Chef stoves and ovens. I received a failure code F1 on the display and it won't go away for more than 15 sec. after I reset the unit.

The F1 appeared after we boiled some water and maybe some water vapor got on the rear display (I was not aware that you are not allowed to boil water on those stoves ;-)).

I got the printed circuit board  with the display out. There are two cables attached to it. One on the right with two white wires and I checked the resistance and it was 1027 Ohm (I read this somewhere on a previous topic). Is that the wire to the sensor? Is it broken? If yes, how to replace it.

On a different website I read the following:

[align=left]F1 [/align]

[align=left]1. Watchdog on board
2. Touch membrane defective
[/align]

[align=left]To determine which component is at fault, disconnect ribbon strip. If NO fault code, replace membrane, otherwise replace board [/align]

I disconnected the connector with the two white wires. Same result ... F1 on the display and this horrible peep. I disconnected the other connector (8 wire connector) and the display went dark and no peep.

The rating label has 34HN-A5TKVW and 21 KX19 on it. Which is the model number?

If anybody has some good idea how to attack this and get this stove going again.

Thanks very much!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,034 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 11 May 2005 - 02:56 AM

The resistance you measured was for the sensor-- sounds like it's good. 

You're going to need either the membrane pad or the ERC.  Won't know for sure without your model number. 

#3 Udo

Udo

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 05:18 AM

Thanks!

Where do I find the model #? Does Magic Chef has a special format for their model# (numbers, letters etc)?

What is the membrane?

Thanks again for the help.

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,034 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 11 May 2005 - 05:19 AM

Model number help here.

#5 Udo

Udo

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 05:32 AM

I believe the model # is

34HN-A5TKVW

The A in the model# is on a separate sticker and placed on top of the metallic name plate.

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics