Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE dishwasher gsd5560g00ss repair help WD26X10013

GE dishwasher gsd5560g00ss WD26X10013

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 RickSea67

RickSea67

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Flat Tire

Posted 13 September 2014 - 05:43 PM

I ordered the motor/pump kit, everything fits like all the vids and diagrtams say it should, except for the new selinoied elecrtical lines. Easy enough if it were replace black wire with black, white with white, etc. However, I have five wires and no diagrams or vids cover this retrofit. If you know the kit, it comes with all the parts and connectors needed, pic #1, and pic#2 is what I need to change. I appriciate any help with this electrical change. Thank you.

Sorry, can't figure how to attach pics......

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 electro_doc

electro_doc

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:orange juice

Posted 13 September 2014 - 06:10 PM

I'm not sure what you are saying, pictures would be good.  The new kit has a solonoid with two wires going to it, the old one should have also had two wires going to it.  I don't know what you mean by 5 wires?  It should be an easy change out.  Atatch pictures via a link to an outside cash, like photo bucket. 

Doc

#3 RickSea67

RickSea67

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 06:30 PM

https://www.dropbox....174637.jpg?dl=0

you may have to cut and paste into your browser

#4 electro_doc

electro_doc

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 06:55 PM

I don't know what that is but it doesn't look like it comes with the pump and motor and solanoid in this kit.Part number: AP2616850

Part number: AP2616850

Maybe you got the wrong part for your dishwasher?

Doc

#5 RickSea67

RickSea67

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 07:10 PM

It's not a  part I ordered, it's what the solanoid has to convert to....

#6 electro_doc

electro_doc

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 07:20 PM

Well the one I posted is the one you should have ordered and well I can't help you cause I never had to convert one.  I'm not sure it will work because the timer on the one with the solanoid, turns on the motor and opens the drain solanoid so the water can exit.  The one with the pump doesn't engage the moter, it just lets the motor rest and engages the pump.  I don't believe wihat you are trying to do will work.  I could be wrong, maybe someone else can help you who has experience with this.

All I can say is why are you trying to change the design of your dishwasher?  Why not go with what it had, that is, replace with the same system?

Doc

#7 Gnominator77

Gnominator77

IkkĊ-ikki

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Molson Canadian

Posted 13 September 2014 - 07:52 PM

That part in the picture is the turbidity sensor... and should go back where it was on the old pump and motor without removing the wires. The third picture you posted is wiring harnesses that come with the new pump and motor to convert to any configuration. 

#8 electro_doc

electro_doc

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 08:09 PM

Thanks for clearing that up Gnominatior.  It makes sense, I couldn't figure out what he was talking about.  Thanks

Doc

#9 RickSea67

RickSea67

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted Today, 03:09 AM

So, my original set up doesn't have a solenoid? Because there are no other plugs except power and turbidity. If this is true, how/where am I creating the power to the solenoid?
And I would of between very happy to have ordered the exact same thingi I had, but GE has been, for some time now, replacing all of the motor/pump kits with the one I received to include the solenoid. Thanks for the feedback guys.
Rick

#10 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,754 posts

Posted Today, 06:33 AM

Ignore the drain solenoid, doesn't need any electrical connections.  Yours doesn't use the main wash pump/motor to drain, it has a separate pump just for drain.

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#11 RickSea67

RickSea67

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted Today, 02:07 PM

Thank you, I'm not feeling so crazy now. So, I've installed the pump and motor, left everything else connected as was, and nothing connects to the solenoid.
After plugging and hooking everything back up I went to run a cycle, it took a while for it to complete "sensing". While going through the wash cycle water was not coming in, nor was it pumping out. (I poured some water in the bottom just to see if it would pump out) The heater worked, I could hear air being pushed through the drain hose. The original problem was it just wasn't draining. Why would the water flow stop? This is such an easy fix job....
Thank you for the feedback and advice.
Rick

#12 RickSea67

RickSea67

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted Today, 02:11 PM

Sorry, forgot to ask, so maybe replacing the drain pump would fix original problem?
Thanks,
Rick

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics