Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
Guest biglou001

Washing machine does not agitate

7 posts in this topic

Washing machine fills then hums.  There is a definate electrical burning smell.  Any suggestions?  Unplugged and waiting further instruction....:(

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Ooops...  model number is whirlpool LBR5133AWO

Not pulling up anything on that model number.  Read this and try again.

I rechecked the model number and it is correct according to the sticker under the lid.  I did plug the machine back in and advanced the timer to the rinse cycle and it did rinse and spin.  But still, if I let it fill, it won't agitate and hums and starts to smell again... 

Ok, let's go with a direct drive washer.  Open the cabinet and check the drive coupler.  If you're lucky, the coupler is so boogared up that it's binding the motor.  Also, remove the pump and try running it again to eliminate the pump as a suspect.

If you're unlucky, you need a new motor.

Check all connections to the start capacitor and the motor start winding, your symptoms are typical for a problem in that area.

I'll try some of the above as soon as I get a chance.  Busy right now, but will let you know how things turn out.  Thanks for the help...