Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

kenmore washer 110.26902691 clicks as it agitates in slow and medium speed but seems to do ok in fast mode,

kenmore washer washer clicks washer makes noise in agitate

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 damit1

damit1

Samanera

• Professional Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:any

Posted 22 September 2014 - 05:00 PM

kenmore washer 110.26902691 clicks as it agitates in slow and medium speeds and clicks to the speed of the agitator each direction but seems to do ok in fast mode...

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,255 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 22 September 2014 - 06:50 PM

Remove the agitator and see if the noise goes away.  If it does, then replace the agitator dogs Part number: 80040

Part number: 80040

Check the drive coupler, must remove the case and motor to do this properly Part number: 285753A

Part number: 285753A

#3 damit1

damit1

Samanera

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 12:59 PM

Thanks, It is within the motor area, not the agitator. I found a youtube that showed the malfunction but no answer as to what it was. It goes Click Click down in the motor area when the setting is on slow abd medium agitate thanks

#4 fairbank56

fairbank56

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 01:29 PM

If it's not doing it in high speed agitation or in spin modes, then sounds like a faulty speed select switch.

Eric

Part number: AP3097818

Part number: AP3097818

#5 vee8power

vee8power

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Folgers

Posted 25 September 2014 - 03:30 PM

Check the motor shaft for side to side play

#6 damit1

damit1

Samanera

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 11:01 AM

I will check those things thanks a lot!! Much appreciated :-)

#7 Maytag1

Maytag1

Yamabushi

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Lite & Landshark

Posted 29 September 2014 - 07:55 PM

If you have lost low or med speed on your motor than you can have motor pulsing. Motor starts on High speed and then cintrif switch throughs out to which ever speed is selected, if low or med is dead or open, motor will slow until cintrif switch resets at which time it again will start on high and the process starts all over again

#8 damit1

damit1

Samanera

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted Today, 02:12 AM

So if either the slow or Med are out, it will go through the speeds until it reaches the selected speed (in this case low or medium) when set on either low or medium, and that is why it is surging and clicking in those speeds?? This would make sense as it does fine on high. So looks like a bad motor in that case... I will try the connections and check for burning at the plugs before replacing the motor!! Thank you!!! Great insight and obvious experience!! Brad.

#9 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,770 posts

Posted Today, 06:18 AM

It's not very common for the motors to fail in this manner, if you have a speed control selector switch I would look there first, (timer and speed selector switch problems are much more common).

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#10 fairbank56

fairbank56

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted Today, 11:27 AM

Agree with Willie. On this model, the motor switch does not select motor speed, it just redirects power back up to the timer after the motor starts. From the timer, power goes to the speed select switch and then to the motor winding based on speed selected by the user. I don't ever recall seeing or hearing of a Whirlpool direct drive machine with a bad motor winding. Not that it couldn't happen, but would be extremely rare and your saying it does it in medium and slow so two bad windings??? Timer doesn't select speed on this model either, except for drain which is high speed direct (bypasses speed switch), so if it's working fine in high speed and you switch it to medium or slow and it starts cutting on/off, then it's most likely the speed switch.

Eric

Edited by fairbank56, Today, 11:30 AM.

#11 Maytag1

Maytag1

Yamabushi

• PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted Today, 01:19 PM

The 3 speed motors are famous for this

#12 Maytag1

Maytag1

Yamabushi

• PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted Today, 01:24 PM

Easy enough to find out. Just ohm the windings. Have found wires broken between the motor switch plug and the windings. Have seen this also on the Amana 3 speed motors. Usually when the speed selection switch fails, it sends power to two windings at the same time causing high amp draw and cutting off on the motor overload, but not causing a pulsing of the motor

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics