Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Fisher Paykel GWL11 Washer

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 PAppliance

PAppliance

Samanera

• Professional Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dr. Pepper

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:13 AM

Hello all,

I have a technician working on a Fisher & Paykel GWL11 Washer, I have downloaded the service manual and supplements from this site and have provided them to my tech.  Customer was complaining that the hot water LED was flashing and the machine would not complete the cycle.  We verified that hot water was coming into the machine, and the thermistor was within specs, so we ordered and replaced the hot water valve.  The machine still will not complete the cycle.  The machine will fill, wash, drain, spin, then before it goes into the rinse cycle it will stop and the hot water LED will flash.

We do not normally service Fisher & Paykel units, so we are not that familiar with them, any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ryan

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 25 September 2014 - 09:25 AM

Is the unit getting cold water?

#3 PAppliance

PAppliance

Samanera

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 10:19 AM

Both hoses were removed from the back of the machine and turned on to flow water directly into the tub.  Both hot and cold have good water supply.  Machine turned on cold wash, cold water comes in.  Machine turned on hot wash, hot water comes in.  Not sure what else would be able to turn that hot water LED light on and prevent the machine from completing the cycle

#4 stewartservice

stewartservice

Sōhei

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Yuengling

Posted 26 September 2014 - 06:35 AM

Have you gone into diagnostic mode and found any fault codes ? That flashing is supposed to indicated poor/ insufficient hot water intake. Have you run the hot water valve in the service mode for an extended length of time to insure that the hot water stays flowing ? I've seen valves fail after getting hot from use and house water shutoffs actually closing after getting hot from the hot water flowing through it. Hoses reversed? Wiring plugged in tight? Clean filters on valve inlet side?

#5 PAppliance

PAppliance

Samanera

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 01:09 PM

I went out to the house personally over the weekend to look at the machine.  I talked to the customers more in depth and found that it was an intermittent problem, and both hot and cold LEDs were flashing, not just the hot.  The customer only mentioned the hot LED flashing because she never uses the hot wash setting, so she thought that was odd.  There were no fault codes stored in diagnostic mode.  I ran the hot and cold water through the diagnostic mode, and both were working.  I ran the hot valve for an extended period of time (filled the 1/2 the tub with hot water) and drained it out.  I could not get the machine to duplicate the error.  I pulled the drain hose out of the wall and it was sticking about 2 feet down into the drain pipe, so I moved the plastic goose neck so it only stuck into the drain pipe about 6".  The water may have  been siphoning through the drain, but it's hard to tell since I could not get the machine to duplicate the error.

My impression is that I like the diagnostic mode on the FP machines(easy to check individual water valves and drain pump), but it is difficult with an intermittent problem and no fault codes.

#6 J5

J5

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:04 AM

i would bet my left nut it was syphoning out

you want only 1 inch of drain hose down the drain pipe

if the drain hose is down under the water it can syphon out and register faults as described

#7 applianceman97

applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 1,809 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Fresh Squeezed IPA

Posted Yesterday, 09:56 AM

i would bet my left nut it was syphoning out

you want only 1 inch of drain hose down the drain pipe

if the drain hose is down under the water it can syphon out and register faults as described

Whats wrong with the right one? haha.

On a serious note. I agree with brother J5.

Kicks major Samsung booty first, asks diagnostic questions later.

http://www.justintimeappliance.com

#8 J5

J5

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted Today, 02:31 AM

Whats wrong with the right one? haha.

On a serious note. I agree with brother J5.

the gf got the right one ;)

its been a while but iirc there is a fault code for this sort of issue as well

but this machine is coming up with a user fault code since the water level isnt changing so its showing a no tap fault

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics