Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

417.42042100 Kenmore Front Load Washer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Squeaky Clean

Squeaky Clean

Yamabushi

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Benchmark Bourbon (Old Number 8) on the rocks & glass of coke on the side

Posted Yesterday, 11:06 AM

I have a 12 year old Kenmore front load washer (417.42042100) I'm working on, the customer tells me it has always been a noisy machine from day one.........but now in the final spin there is a ton of racket like the basket is banging against something in the rear.

I checked the shocks and they are not broken, and the unit seems to be fine until high gear on the final spin. I did the check for a broken spider like in the video the Samurai put together,....mine does have some play, but not like the one in the video. Any thoughts?

Add on comments:  The big pulley on the drum has little or no play from the rear and with the belt off both the large pulley and motor spin free with no noise.

Edited by Squeaky Clean, Yesterday, 11:51 AM.

“I’m on a path of enlightenment and would like to become an appliance repair technician. I’m looking for any and all suggestions from those who have made this journey.”

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 applianceman97

applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 1,808 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Fresh Squeezed IPA

Posted Today, 09:54 AM

Still sounds like a spider failure. Replace inner basket, and rear outer tub to fix.

Kicks major Samsung booty first, asks diagnostic questions later.

http://www.justintimeappliance.com

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,245 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted Today, 10:24 AM

Part number: 131525500

Part number: 131525500

Part number: 131618500

Part number: 131618500

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics