Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

GE Refrigerator running too long

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

#21 Gmaxx

Gmaxx

Sōhei

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 06:52 PM

[user=2]Jedi Appliance Guy[/user] wrote:

looks almost exactly like this picture of my dog.
Is it just me or do you see a resemblance?

Yes...the resemblance is striking isn't it?

Posted Image

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#22 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,805 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 30 March 2006 - 07:03 PM

Wait, I'm confused, Gmaxx: is that the dog or the woman?

#23 bigger hammer

bigger hammer

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 08:37 PM

the freon paranoia comment i made was because hes stuck on the idea that if someone came and gave the fridge a shot of freon it would magically fix it. i was not trying to imply that "topping it up" is in any way standard practice.....well at least not mine. i personally dont even use the epoxy patches on evaporators cause i dont trust them. 

we follow the same CFC/freon rules here in bc. we cant even buy freon without presenting our licence. and yes our company keeps logs on any system work wether its charging or recovering.we are also required to put a sticker with our company info and cfc cert when dumping a fridge at the scrap yard. but who is gonna stop joes, bills, ernies appliance from not doing that? as long as you go to the dump in an unmarked van you tell them its from your house they take 10 dollars and tell you they will properly dispose of it. so it comes down to personal responsibility/company practice.

now wether a cfc licence is obtained in a few months or a 4 yr apprentice program does it really matter? its what ethical work habits one has behind closed doors what counts. how long does it take to learn safe and proper freon recovery/sealed system repair ? i agree 4yrs apprenticing will definatelly aid in better diagnosing/repair skills and overall knowledge. and you could also probably do a compressor swap in half the time i could. but it means nothing if a person with 20yrs experience isnt gonna follow the proper handling procedures

just cause that 15 yr old kid making my burger a mc d's has a food safe certificate doesnt guarantee he washed his hands after taking a whiz

Before you start.....how much is it going to cost and how long is it going to take?

#24 Gmaxx

Gmaxx

Sōhei

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 02:47 AM

[user=5710]bigger hammer[/user] wrote:

the freon paranoia comment i made was because hes stuck on the idea that if someone came and gave the fridge a shot of freon it would magically fix it.

Yep..thats how I read it. :)

#25 Gmaxx

Gmaxx

Sōhei

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 02:59 AM

[user=1]Samurai Appliance Repair Man[/user] wrote:

Wait, I'm confused, Gmaxx: is that the dog or the woman?

A little of both ...a mixed breed...thats near sighted.

#26 Jedi Appliance Guy

Jedi Appliance Guy

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 04:30 PM

I laughed so hard corn shot of my nose.  Thanks Gmaxx.  It is obvious you are at one with the Force

I still haven't figured out how freon that is heavier than air goes up into the atmosphere and depletes ozone.  They say the sun breaks down the Freon and it releases chlorine and thats whats depletes the ozone  I think I heard somewhere that the sun creates ozone.  Then again if chlorine is bad for the ozone why not ban pools.  I think them folks over in the city get chlorine in their water.

#27 bigger hammer

bigger hammer

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 08:26 PM

without trying to sound too nerdy..... the cfc's get to the atmoshere and start mixing with ozone molecules. ozone is made of 3 oxygen atoms. the cfc's bond with one of them so now you have a plain 2 atom oxygen molecule which doesnot filter out sunrays and therefore the result is global warming and skin cancer patients making plastic surgeons billionaires.

of course thats with the R-12  and other cfc aerosol sprays......the R134 is supposed to be "harmless" and sprays now have alcohol or propane propellants which is helping the teenagers get high off huffing on moms hairspray

Before you start.....how much is it going to cost and how long is it going to take?

#28 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,805 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 01 April 2006 - 03:09 AM

[user=5710]bigger hammer[/user] wrote:

without trying to sound too nerdy..... the cfc's get to the atmoshere and start mixing with ozone molecules. ozone is made of 3 oxygen atoms. the cfc's bond with one of them so now you have a plain 2 atom oxygen molecule which doesnot filter out sunrays and therefore the result is global warming and skin cancer patients making plastic surgeons billionaires.

This is exactly what Dupont wants you to believe!

When I was in grad school, working on an M.S. in Environmental Engineering, we studied this "ozone depletion" theory. Interesting thing was that almost all of the EPA studies extant at the time were funded by Dupont (stated at the end of the reports). Dupont's patent on R12 was also about to run out. Oh my, how convenient!

But, hey, the gubmint says R12 is hurtin' them little orzos and, afterall, they're here to hayelp.

#29 Gmaxx

Gmaxx

Sōhei

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 03:23 PM

One of the things that’s most screwed up about the laws pertaining to recovery of gas such as 134 is this. Below is a product that can be had that’s in their description pure 134a. Now I can buy as much of this as I want, spray it in the air and its all legal. But just let the EPA find out you’re venting 5 or 10 oz of 134 out of a piece of refrigeration equipment and watch them drop the hammer.

Posted Image

#30 Jedi Appliance Guy

Jedi Appliance Guy

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 03:41 PM

Did you ever fill a balloon with Freon and drop it?  It falls fast like a rock to the ground.  They need to ban volcanoes,  those are the real polluters.

#31 Gmaxx

Gmaxx

Sōhei

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 03:47 PM

Now Now..watch what you say little one.  Talking much sense you are.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics